Did you mean: 

Has any one used Buy as you View?

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi All
Me and Angela have got a washer dryer from them to pay for it you put £1 coin in the meter for 3hs what is connected to the TV.  I must say that there customer service stinks.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Has any one used Buy as you View?

Hi Gary,
40% APR?  Shocked Sad Angry
A quick google shows www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk forums have quite a bit to say about them. They might be a source of advice.
Gabe
Fixes: 105

This thread might be of particular interest..
Will Moderate For Thanks
scootie
Grafter

We use homebuy in manchester, been with them just shy of a year and had nothing but excellent service from them.
The coulour contrast ratio of the sanyo 37inch lcd looked very shocking, like there was not enough shades of each coulour, rang up got them to send some one out to look and they said they didnt see the issue but would take the set in to test for a week and left us a spare of the same make just a slightly lower model. any way after a few weeks of them saying yes there is a fault and waiting for a part to come in they finaly just gave us a brand new set which has worked perfect since.
The misses uses home buy not me, i hate the amount of apr hence why when i noticed the coulor issue i thougt it best to argue that there was a fault and it wasnt just normal as i didnt want to be stuck with a rubish tv after paying over double the cash price of decent online sellers.
jmd
Grafter

The APR for that company is disgusting - and has landed many people in enormous debt.  I do visits for Civil Service Benevolent Fund and have notied that many of those who have needed assistance have debt from that company [used to be called Georges] - regardless of customer service it is not a company that is to be recommended to anyone as when you are in debt to them they tend to be nasty.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: 4d13w00
This thread might be of particular interest..

Thank you for the link, from that link I just seen this:
Victims of the COIN artists
The Woods family still owe Buy As You View £3,000 after 10 YEARS - but don't own a single item they signed up for.
Mum Gill, 47, said: "This company are just like a pack of vultures. They prey on the vulnerable." Dad Tony, 48, turned to the firm after illness cost him his job as a hotel manager.
The couple, who have seven children, bought a bed, toaster, kettle, flat screen TV, washing machine and drier over the years - rolling over their debt into a new three-year loan each time. Now the Woods, of Stockton, pay off £237 every six weeks. Gill said: "They got us at our lowest ebb and we can't find a way out. The more people that avoid our hell the better. "
Tony added: "I thought the company was a godsend but learned the truth."

Angry  Angry
Community Veteran

Seems like caveat emptor would be good advice in this case Undecided
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

What is that in English?
Fixes: 105

Buyer beware, approximately..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Quote from: Midnight
What is that in English?

It's from the Latin and means 'Buyer beware'.
Strictly translated it means 'Let the buyer beware'
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Thank you.  I am going to pay them off as fast as I can, I will not be using Buy as you View again!
As you sed: "'Buyer Beware"
Don't, Don't use Buy as you View.