cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Plus Net Lied to You ?

daveg6hni
Grafter

Has Plus Net Lied to You ?

I have been suffering from an intermittant fault for nearly 6 months, during that time, I have been told that,
1. My sync speed is down to the number of users sharing my line (Contention) at the time I checked, wrong, sync rate has nothing to do with contention.
2. First PN said my Line Length was 2049 meters, now they say in is 3750m, I am actually only 1.1 miles from the exchange by road and telegraph pole. If my line length was 3750m I'd be luck to have ever got 6Mbps let alone the 12Mbps I used to enjoy.
3. PN told me I could not possibly have ever downloaded reliably at 12.1 Mbps, wrong I was downloading at 12.1 mbps for most of October & Novemer 2011. I have attached various screeshots that clearly show my download speed
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101294.0.html
So has anyone else been told porkies my PN I wonder Huh
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Has Plus Net Lied to You ?

Yes. Various things from we'll have to pay them extra to no that can't be done, there is no fault at all etc. I don't believe a word said by anyone at the call centre.
Mr Bailey, Ms Pilson and a couple of others seem ok but the only one I actually trust is Mr Bailey. He seems to be the only person who actually gets to the bottom of problems and sorts them out honestly. He doesn't seem to be around as much as he used to and we've not had many problems lately anyway. We did a few months back have a problem where the internet kept dropping completely, PN never got to the bottom of it (although I did diagnose a google problem which Bob Pullen later acknowledged was symptomatic of a PN fault but refused to credit me for coming up with the theory / method of testing).
All in all PN are great when the service works but I don't hold my breath if something does go wrong. I just reach for the 3G dongle instead as I simply can't be bothered anymore.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I've found them to pretty straightforward and honest in their dealings with me. Like all call centres you will occasionally be in contact with a fool, but PN seem quite hot on "re-training" those who don't deliver.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I agree with the last comment...  some of the newbies seem to have been let out a tad early, but generally no problems.
How does PN ensure that "freshers" are ready for the wide world?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

Hi Dave, I see your fault is now being overseen by a manger and is also being discussed in the thread over here?
Apologies for the confusion caused by any misinformation you were provided with. We're certainly not in the habit of intentionally lying to customers and I'm confident your case is now in competent hands.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵