Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harvey Proctor

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Harvey Proctor

I see Harvey Proctor has been awarded £900k from the Met Police (sorry I mean us the taxpayer)

Just think how many Police officers could be employed by Dianne Abbott for that amount!!! 🤣🤣

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Harvey Proctor

He deserves every penny of it for the hell he has been put through.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its an insurance company who pays the damages not the police but the police will eventually pay 

There is another on going case by an ex MP against Staffordshire  Police for £10million  Tom Watson is involved in this again as well

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7670733/Why-claiming-10million-police-wrongly-accused-child...

Some of the comments are interesting

Brian A

Highlighted
All Star

@Anonymous You are probably right but we all still pay thro increased insurance premiums.😉

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@RJM 

Well deserved or not that's one heck of a lot of money, and lets not assume that just because he has been compensated by a mega amount of money that he is innocent as there are more to these cases than we'll ever know.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The report on the BBC said that the amount includes costs, which would be fairly substantial, not least because the case has been going on for so long.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@TTman wrote:

I see Harvey Proctor has been awarded £900k from the Met Police (sorry I mean us the taxpayer)

Just think how many Police officers could be employed by Dianne Abbott for that amount!!! 🤣🤣

Tough I can understand, why he was in the police eye: Wikipedia-section 3

I think it was 500 million + 400 million for costs; indeed a deserved spanking amount.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Luzern wrote:

@TTman wrote:

I think it was 500 million + 400 million for costs; indeed a deserved spanking amount.Funny

@Luzern 

Are those figures adjusted for inflation?  Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@RobPN  They're as heard on the news, nothing else. With your added sarcasm icon, though, there must be some 'evil devious' reason for your post. Cheesy

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Luzern wrote:

... 500 million + 400 million ...

Definitely seems over-inflated to me.  Wink