cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry and Me-gain give up royal duties

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Harry and Me-gain give up royal duties

On the news Harry and me-gain giving up royal duties and going 'private'.

Well for a start they should give up their taxpayer funded houses, as well as the titles

of duke and duchess and even prince.  They should know that if you don't do the

job you don't get paid.  I guess they will want to use their royal connection to open

doors while turning their back on any responsibility - is it that they are from the snowflake

generation ?

90 REPLIES 90
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Harry and Me-gain give up royal duties

@wotsup News says they never informed any of the senior royals of the descision before making the announcement....shows a complete lack of respect for the queen and other members...but they should have known what happens when a royal gets involved with an american women !Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

My first reaction to this news? I hope the move is being helped by a bit of crowdfunding as I'd be more than happy to donate.... but only if they take the even more self important up his own anus Andrew with them on a one way ticket.

Pathetic, the lot of 'em.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

My first reaction to this news? I hope the move is being helped by a bit of crowdfunding as I'd be more than happy to donate....

Count me in for 5  pence .....

As I see it they are either royal or they are not,  no halway house where you still get all the perks and non of the responsibility.  A real slap in the face for HRH Lizzie announcing it on instagram without consulting her over the content of the announcement.... Thank goodness Kate and William seem to behave OK, unlike spoilt Harry who obviously wants to be a playboy ..

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm a bit confused by this:  On Newsnight it was reported that he didn't consult/inform Buckingham Palace (i.e. HM) but one of the contributors then said that the Queen had only been informed a few (three?) days ago.

I wonder if that house in the Bois de Boulogne is still there, or is the governorship of the Bahamas vacant?  Perhaps the Falklands would satisfy their hunger for privacy, and the islands have been exceptionally well protected since 1982 so security shouldn't be a problem.

As for crowdfunding, I remember when the Duchess of York was pleading poverty after her marriage ended it was reported that someone had sent her a penny with a note saying, "Sorry I don't have anything smaller."

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Just so long as it's a clean break and this pair of parasites are not sucking on the taxpayers t*ts for such things as security or trickle down payments from the soverign grant which is already a bone of contention. These guys are already worth a mint - Harry for example an estimated forty million. 

Easy targets sure, but then they do put themselves out there to be shot at. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

@wotsup wrote:

Thank goodness Kate and William seem to behave OK,

How entirely predictable of you!

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

Seems the usual suspects are conveniently ignoring the bit about being financial independent...

Who can blame them given what happened to his mother and the abuse Meghan.Markle has received.

Wanting to protect his family from biggots, racists and gutter press is hardly snow flakery....

Highlighted
Fixes: 862

@DaveyH wrote:

Seems the usual suspects are conveniently ignoring the bit about being financial independent...

well sort of. Their security is still being footed by the UK tax paeyer, they will also be taking an income out of Daddy's Duchy estate.

They just won't be taking an income from the soverign grant. Apart from official travel which will be paid for.

And with her millions from suits etc. and his large inheritance from mummy I'm pretty sure they won't struggle.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm often surprised how so many people get upset over stuff the royals do, yet at the end of the day, what does it matter really? Two people who are married want to be left alone, simple as that, doesn't make a blind bit of difference in mine or anyone else's life, so, all the best to them, private life or not it doesn't affect me in the slightest...

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Except that granny is the head of state, head of the church of England, head of the armed forces, head of the commonwealth, and the person to whom the world and his wife have to swear allegiance to including her heirs... which includes Harry. 

The family firm possess great wealth, hold thousands of acres of land, and are an integral part of the establishment all of which trickles down to her sprogs.

So no, nothing to see here in the slightest yet there they both are, seeking publicity and dishing it out to the gullible and sycophantic.

Right I'm off to get a haircut, that roundhead helmet of mine needs to be a tight fit. 😛

Highlighted
Grafter

I don't really follow this stuff, but yes as you say granny is the head of state and the firm has all this wealth, but perhaps this move was not so much about not handling royal life etc, perhaps it is the firm they want out of because perhaps there is something much more wrong with that than the media aspect ?

Off course with so much wealth and power you could never fully come out and say it, or totally shun it, s doing something drastic enough to be excluded or frozen out..... ?

That is my tin foil hat idea anyway Smiley

In other news, how do I quote sections of what a user has posted or reply to a thread in general instead of it being a response to a specific post ? I have always found the BT forums odd to navigate and use lol.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@DaveyH 

Harry is not the only person to lose a parent, and the fact that Diana colluded with the press and died because of a drunk driver cannot be laid at the door of the public... or those posting her.

And protecting her from racists and bigots? That's just garbage. Meghan was on the make, and do you really think the likes of Harry in the absence of all the unearned wealth, privilege and rank would have been in with a shout? Far from it, he'd have been like the rest of us and outside the circle of self importance.

Two fingers Harry should be his new name. One to his granny, and one to the rest of us.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

Except that granny is the head of state, head of the church of England, head of the armed forces, head of the commonwealth, and the person to whom the world and his wife have to swear allegiance to including her heirs... which includes Harry. 

Spot on ! they have resigned from their job but still expect to keep the company cars, the company houses, the company health care insurance and the job titles so that they can swan around the world on the royal ticket - having 'busness trips' for the company they no longer work for but still expect the company to pay their expenses.  But they won't turn up for work and - as TTman said - 'bad things happen when the royals get involved with American women'.

It was the staff at Kensington palace who first dubbed Ms Markle 'Duchess Difficult' and 'Me-gain' .

I believe that James Hewitt is not very well and surely Harry will inherit money from him when he pops his clogs.

Highlighted
Grafter

@wotsup wrote:

It was the staff at Kensington palace who first dubbed Ms Markle 'Duchess Difficult' and 'Me-gain' .

I thought it turned out that those terms were discovered to have originated by Kates main helper / maiden / servant / skivvy (whatever you want to call them) ? Not saying she wasn't or was difficult min.