Fixes: 101

Happy...

YORKSHIRE day everyone Cheesy
Will Moderate For Thanks
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Happy...

Is everyone wearing red roses today then?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 101

only if they want a slap Wink
Yorkshire Rose is white
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I didnt think there was anybody in the world who didn't know the Yorkshire emblem was a white rose  Smiley
but Yorkshire cricket use a bunch of bananas for some reason  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 47

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Huh
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

strat I cant get cont - V to work with the forum editor  Huh
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

works for me

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I`d love to have a 9" Yokshu pudd`n filled with gravy, right now.... but it is too darned hot, so I am having salad !  Cheesy
randpwar
Grafter

@shutter…..You are absolutely right. My Mum was born and brought up on a farm in the Dales, consequently we spent a lot of our childhood with Gran who made the best, and I mean the very best, Yorkshire Pudding with lashings of oniony and fat of whatever was cooking, gravy. For the whole time I lived at home we always had a large Yorkshire Pudding as first course followed then by the main meal using the same plate. I guess some of the reason was, as money was very short, for the pudding to fill you up so that a large meal wasn’t needed. Every time SWMBO buys the small ready made versions she gets reminded about just how lovely Gran’s Yorkshire Pudding’s were  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

drool!  drool !...
Yes, my gran`s also made THE BEST yokshu puds..... about 2 inches deep, with a couple of "hills" floating in the gravy... but most important of all..... burnt black around the top edge....
One of my gran`s had the old fashioned oven by the fire  (( grate blacking was daily routine).... and she said it made the best bread, cakes , and of course,.... Yokshu puds...
Cheesy
Community Veteran

we have a family Sunday lunch every week and even the grandkids 5, 1 and 6 months insist on their "yorkshirs". They don't generally have much of the main course but are being brought up on Yorkshire "soul food".
One other refinement is the choice of pickled onions or a locally made horseradish and beetroot relish.  Tongue
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
oldgeezer
Grafter

My grandmother was renowned for her cooking skills, or should I say lack of them.
Her Yorkshire Puddings bore a startling resemblance to something called the Philips Stick-a-Sole.
They never managed to attain a height above the pan over about 5mm (Whoops I've gone metric), and rivalled leather for toughness.
Strangely enough I quite liked them, all the flavours seemed to be concentrated in the very chewy delicacy and with a bit of gravy, (made with Burdall's Gravy Salts) they made a passable start to what was going to be tough going for the rest of the meal.
The other aspect of dining at Grandma's was the drink provided, Camp Coffee.    Cry Cry    I'm sure that nowadays they wouldn't be able to label it as coffee, it certainly  didn't taste like it.
My mother inherited all her mothers cooking skills and further refined them (her Yorkshires were invariably burnt). My wife is an excellent cook, I wonder why I chose her ?
Oldgeezer.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: oldgeezer
The other aspect of dining at Grandma's was the drink provided, Camp Coffee.    Cry Cry     I'm sure that nowadays they wouldn't be able to label it as coffee....

The PC brigade may also have cause to doubt the wisdom of calling it 'camp'.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
jmd
Grafter

My Mum was not from Yorkshire but from Staffordshire but she used to make a right lovely Yorkshire pud.
However, she liked to eat it as a pudding with sugar on it or jam!
She was a great cook and had worked in service before getting married as a cook/housekeeper to a family from Yorkshire so she had to get the pudding right! Smiley