cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Easter!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Happy Easter!

It's here, I've just stuffed all the chocolate down my throat and now wishing I hadn't, there's no traditional easter films on TV (or anything original other than repeats of top gear on dave for that matter) but easter is here again so..:
Happy Easter!
Sprite
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Happy Easter!

Yo Sprite!
Just stuffed down a Cadbury Crunchie egg!  Crazy
Gotta face a family meal later this afternoon.
Happy Easter everyone!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Happy Easter to all on the forums Smiley Smiley
Fixes: 47

Happy Easter everyone Smiley
I forgot to buy myself an egg Cry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 121

Yes, happy Easter everybody.
My egg is in the fridge but I'm expecting SWMBO to take half once she's finished off hers Roll eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Just a little question...
I really miss having the bag of whichever chocolates inside the egg these days. When and why did they stop doing that?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Cadbury caramel eggs are my favourite.
Goes against my principles to be buying them after the firm moved to America and failed to keep certain promised made to the British workers. 
Community Veteran

@ Mav, If there is any fillin these days it is in a separate carton and not inside the egg.
@gleneagles, I'm with you about Cadbury's. I avoid their products if I can.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Just got in from a very enjoyable 12 mile walk in glorious sunshine with my better half (mind you it was a bit chilly with max temp 6 Deg C)

@artmo Hence my question.. When and why did they start doing that?
Now it seems extremely difficult to break an egg in half to share without it shattering Undecided

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: gleneagles
Cadbury caramel eggs are my favourite.
Goes against my principles to be buying them after the firm moved to America and failed to keep certain promised made to the British workers.   

I love Cadburys chocolate as its got that taste that just can't be beaten. What I don't like however is the way they've shrunk the bars. Anyone noticed the height of them recently? Caramel and Dairy Milk used to be a lot taller than they are now. They've made them thinner in order to keey the width and length the same to make it look like the same size. The small eggs have shrunk over the years too but because we only see them once a year most folks don't notice.
I must admit though, since the takeover of Cadburys, I've also gone off them a bit. While I still enjoy the taste, there isn't that pride in Cadburys that there once was. Now its an american company just trying to suck as much profit out of our island as possible whereas once it used to be about making the nicest british chocolate possible. They've even been tinkering with their recipes since the takeover too. I have actually seen an internal document that Cadburys sent to one of its distributors about this when I complained about one of their products. Cadbury refused to comment on this directly to me when I confronted them about it. Unfortunately british pride means nothing in this country anymore especially to americans.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
If there is any fillin these days it is in a separate carton and not inside the egg

The Aldi's "flame egg" is nice. Heavy thick chocolate in separately foiled halves containing inside them a decent size bag of really good quality chocolates. For example a marzipan centre with a whole roasted almond speckled with sugar crystals on top.
I hope we all have a happy (but cold) Easter.
I'm almost sure I was walking along a beach this time last year.
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
I hope we all have a happy (but cold) Easter.
I'm almost sure I was walking along a beach this time last year.

Hopefully I'll be walking along the beach tomorrow.  Leaving in an hour for Heathrow and flying to Florida. Smiley Smiley