cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Birthday Spaghetti Junction

Fixes: 121

Happy Birthday Spaghetti Junction

The hidden beauty of Spaghetti Junction revealed as Britain's craziest motorway flyover turns 40
Engineers carrying out repairs on Spaghetti Junction believe motorway intersection will last for another 100 years.
It is hoped that the repairs will see the iconic roadway, which is used by over 200,000 motorists a day, last for generations to come.

Not sure why some people thinks it's complicated. Obviously it looks that way from above but there are signposts.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Happy Birthday Spaghetti Junction

I wonder what the Roman`s would say if they dug it up in 2,000 years time on their version of Time Team.  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

"E si deve andare da qualche parte", "Passare la salsa alla bolognese"
Roughly translated; "well it must go somewhere", "pass the bolognese sauce"
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pin2011
Grafter

I used to travel on that road some time ago but now I use the M42 it cuts out most of Birmingham!
Still gets very busy on this motorway during the early morning rush to go nowhere.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I did hear a story that if Spaghetti junction was unravelled and laid out straight it could be the basis of a Motorway reaching from London to Birmingham Roll eyes Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Long time since I've used it but it was fine once you got used to it.  Looks daunting from the air.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

It even has a railway line running under it too so it's not as bad as I thought Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and a canal