Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Sanitiser "Police"

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Hand Sanitiser "Police"

I was surprised in my local shopping area today. All that was open was a Pound shop, a Coffee shop, and one charity shop. All the other numerous small shops were closed.

Didn't lots of small shops recently say they were in dire straits struggling to survive. Yet here they are voluntarily staying closed. They must be doing a lot better than they are letting on.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@billnotben 

Perhaps they are struggling to survive to the point where paying staff to open on a bank holiday is not worthwhile.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

@billnotben wrote:

Didn't lots of small shops recently say they were in dire straits struggling to survive. Yet here they are voluntarily staying closed. They must be doing a lot better than they are letting on.

Depends perhaps on the particular locality. I'm getting the impression that smaller towns with independent businesses are doing better than the big town corporates.

Ω is where the is
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 49

@billnotben wrote:

I was surprised in my local shopping area today. All that was open was a Pound shop, a Coffee shop, and one charity shop. All the other numerous small shops were closed.

All that's open in my three local 'shopping precincts' are the newsagent/off-licence section of the combined newsagent/PO shop, 1 Indian restaurant and 1 (of the 3) coffee shops.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

I haven`t been in/near a shop for 6 months now... ! ... Cheesy

an "almost/nearly" experience would be topping up the diesel, at a self payment pump at Morrisons ... ( asda was closed at the payatpump section! ! ) , two weeks ago...

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Neither have I shutter, I haven't even put any fuel in the car since before lockdown began. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

@shutter wrote:

I haven`t been in/near a shop for 6 months now... ! ... Cheesy

Really? I must be due to get it. Since places have re-opened, we go shopping nigh on at least once, sometimes twice a week. I gave up on getting food delivered many moons a go. Never had anyone mention the sanitiser though. I'm also back at work too. Most of the factories are in now 6 days, sometimes 7 days a week (before Covid appeared it was 5 day working only). Production has just ramped up and up, with most sections running flat out. Lots of hand sanitiser about though. Canteen is a weird place with about 2/3rd of the seats gone awol, I now eat lunch in the car. 😋  

And I still don't know anyone who has had it. Still, there are plenty of testing places dotted around these parts now.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

@idonno   Yes ! ...... Really !..... Smiley

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I see that finally a bit of sense has appeared and shop staff will soon be required to wear masks just like their customers.

While I could understand that staff behind till screens were "probably" ok I could never see why staff that mingled around customers, stacking shelves and the like, were treated any different from the customers,

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

It's all seems a bit half cocked t'me but at least we are doing what we what can and what we should... well most of us anyway.

Never been asked to use sanitiser (not that I go out much) but we do keep some in the car.

First meal out yesterday for literally months and had to wear a mask when entering and leaving, but OK to take it off when sat down. A couple of others were sat at tables with lapstops tapping way but with no mask on and no food,or drink in front of them. 

Just seems a little pointless... but every little helps.

PS. And what about this guy. Bad example or what? 😄

Capture.JPG

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

PS. And what about this guy. Bad example or what? 😄

That's something I've been wondering about. TV adverts that is.

After all these months shouldn't they have moved with the times? Many show crowds partying or at crowded events of some sort or other. Doesn't this warped view pander to the covid doesn't exist mob?

Yes I know they're adverts. Truth doesn't come into it. But shouldn't they make some effort?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

And all those people on television sitting so far apart, it's what wide screen TV has been waiting for! 

Seriously though, do we need really two presenters for the news now? 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Mrs Minivanman just back from chatting with a local caravan park owner who was telling her (and confirmed) of a bus load of tourists arriving at a hotel in Tenby earlier having travelled all the way from Bolton.

A) I thought Bolton was in lockdown and B) What the heck is the hotel doing by accepting such a booking?

I feel like giving up to be quite honest as it's just a total shambles. 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

True, the funny thing is I had to walk up to my local shops (15 min walk). I did wear a face mask.

Forgot something so need to go again. Wonderful.

The walk is like the killing fields, as I hate it. Plethora of buggies to avoid and people (would use a strong word than that but it would break the swear filter) cycling on pavements.

Sorry I'll stop moaning and go back on topic for a bit.

Yes I have a face mask, and I forgot to use the hand Sanitiser at my Sainsbury's local. The amount of people not using them is insane.

I got some more expensive ones, well they're better than one of the cheapo ones I had. I feel like I can breathe. Bit of a caveat for living isn't it?

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The covid test is not something I would recommend taking just on a whim.

When I saw the nurse whip out what looked like a foot long cotton bud................

In your mouth all the way to the back of your throat hhhuey......... then pushed up a fair way in each nostril.