Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Sanitiser "Police"

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Hand Sanitiser "Police"

@billnotben  sounds fun does that,  I presume that it was the same cotton bud inserted in each orifice 😨Ticked_off

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes.

I suppose I should be grateful that they started with the throat.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Just had a second test Arrgggh worst than the first.

A "drive through" test this time. We can do it while you stay sitting in your car. No thanks I'll stand.

I'll swear the nurse was seeing how far down my throat she could get it. Up the nose all I was thinking how much farther can you push. You will never reach my brains even if you could find them.

And saying try to stay still just doesn't work for me.😀

As I said before the covid test is not something I would recommend taking just on a whim.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not so sure I'll even bother now after all, what's the point.

I'm self isolating anyway, I'm not going to the shops, so what more could I do if I did test positive? As it stands if I get to feel bad, have a temperture or lose my sense of taste and smell.... 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Normally I wouldn't have bothered taking this but it's a pre-op thing so I have to grin and bear it.

The thing that really bugged me about this latest test is..................

The first test I took at my nearest hospital a few miles away at the request of a hospital twenty miles away before visiting them. Fair enough.

But I had to travel eighty miles for the second test. A long way to go for a ten second test. I tried a few times to argue the point but this hospital wouldn't budge from their set in stone procedures.

At least it was a nice day..

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

A pre-op thing?

So before going into hospital or wherever you have to have had along with some proof of having a test, a negative result.

Seems to me that it's beholden on the hospital to test you rather than you having to go elsewhere. Where for example do the medical staff or those that are going to carry out any procedure on you get tested as I doubt very much they are obliged to travel as far as you had to. 

Just crazy. 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I can only guess that in some hospitals, theatre staff (surgeons & doctors), just don't trust another hospitals covid testing procedures.

And the poor patient (me) has bear the brunt of this mistrust.

I honestly thought covid testing would be a universal thing. Just like lots of other things - x-rays mri's blood tests etc which just get taken anywhere and passed around.