cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halten Sie sich rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts.. translated means Keep Right,Take the Second Right

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Halten Sie sich rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts.. translated means Keep Right,Take the Second Right

Halten Sie sich rechts, halten Sie rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts which roughly translated means Keep Right, Take the second right.....

Driving to see a new Accountant in Manchester yesterday,  Sat Nav on, listening to music.... Loud.

As I started to get onto minor roads, I turned the music down, and noticed there were no audible instructions from the Sat Nav.

Strange !

It is normally there by default.

So I stopped the car, entered the Sat Nav menu, and checked the  audio level... it was fine.

As I was about to go down several minor roads, I really needed the audio prompt, so I didn't have to keep checking the St Nav Screen, with lots of roads on it now...

Still no audio prompts, so I bit the bullet, and rebooted the Sat Nav.

Once rebooted, the prompts were now audible, but in GERMAN !!!

(I know a little German...... his name is Hans.)

Russian, Cantonese or Mandarin, no problem.... American too !

Anyway, after a couple of minutes, the Sat nav reverted back to English !!

Found the accountants OK, on a main road, but the Sat Nav was taking me down a "Shortcut"

At least it wasn't trying to take me to Germany !!

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Halten Sie sich rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts

I blame Brexit.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The OP is breaking forum rules....    Posts must be in english ...

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Didn't you hear M. Juncker?  English is losing importance in Europe.  Vee haf vays off making you talk (jerman).

Whenever I look up a word on Google I'm asked if i want to translate it into Latvian.  Why Latvian of all languages?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Don't go down that road shutter, you'll have the Welsh after you! Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Infinity
Pro

Re: Halten Sie sich rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts.. translated means Keep Right,Take the Second R

Infinity wrote:

Halten Sie sich rechts, halten Sie rechts, nehmen die zweite rechts which roughly translated means Keep Right, Take the second right.....

Driving to see a new Accountant in Manchester yesterday,  Sat Nav on, listening to music.... Loud.

As I started to get onto minor roads, I turned the music down, and noticed there were no audible instructions from the Sat Nav.

Strange !

It is normally there by default.

So I stopped the car, entered the Sat Nav menu, and checked the  audio level... it was fine.

As I was about to go down several minor roads, I really needed the audio prompt, so I didn't have to keep checking the St Nav Screen, with lots of roads on it now...

Still no audio prompts, so I bit the bullet, and rebooted the Sat Nav.

Once rebooted, the prompts were now audible, but in GERMAN !!!

(I know a little German...... his name is Hans.)

Russian, Cantonese or Mandarin, no problem.... American too !

Anyway, after a couple of minutes, the Sat nav reverted back to English !!

Found the accountants OK, on a main road, but the Sat Nav was taking me down a "Shortcut"

At least it wasn't trying to take me to Germany !!

My Satnav wants to Instruct me in Afrikaans now !!

At least I now know the quick fix to get it back to English...

U het by u bestemming aangekom (You have arrived at your destination)