cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hallucinations.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Hallucinations.

A few months back when I was in hospital, I was put on morphine to control the pain. Nothing happened immediately but a few hours later I had a hallucination. It was one of many while I was on morphine however this one continues to stick with me and it has made me look at what I want to do with my life again.
The thing is, part of me thinks it was just purely the morphine and that a load of imaginary nonsense was filling my head. The other part of me thinks I was being shown something for a reason - as if I was being given a purpose in life or something. The hallucination I had seemed to be trying to lead me towards something big.. something that would take a lot of cooperation, resources and planning and yet it started from nothing. It was as if I was being shown how things were previously done and how progress should be made / done. I know it sounds utterly crazy but people thought the guy who invented the telephone was mad and now you're probably reading this with one in your pocket!  Cheesy
So I thought I'd ask here if any of you have ever had any similar experiences and if it had any sort of effect on you afterwards? Maybe you dismissed it as nonsense or maybe it triggered you to do something with your life?
If you've had any interesting hallucinations I'd really like to hear about them!
Sprite.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Hallucinations.

I'm afraid the only hallucinations I've had were self induced in my hippy days Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

lol I'mm afraid those don't qualify  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 123

When I was a child I suffered frequently from tonsillitis and extremely high temperatures and often had some frightening hallucinations. Unfortunately memory of what they were has faded over the years.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The last time we went to Lanzarote a while ago. I boarded the aircraft in fine fettle, by the time we reached the Canary Islands I was a physical wreck, it seems I had caught something quite nasty in the rarefied air in the aircraft, something like bronchitis, flu and pneumonia all rolled into one. By the time we got to our villa in Playa Blanca I was coughing so intensely I had lost my voice.
Somehow I managed to get our luggage into the bedroom throw Mrs P's case on the bed and left her to it, from that point on for over half of the three weeks we were there I didn't unpack, I didn't eat just coughed and coughed with having serious difficulty breathing. At night the coughing continued and the hallucinations started, for some peculiar reason I was seeing packs of playing cards floating across the walls and ceiling. For most of this time I doubt I slept more than a few minutes at a time and no more than half-hour a night.
After around ten days the condition subsided leaving me totally drained and practically unable to move. made it back to the airport and had an oxygen supply at hand on the aircraft if needed, fortunately it wasn't.
It was an experience I never ever want to repeat. Mrs P was to not put a finer point on it frightened. It only goes to show that you may be Ok on an aircraft but you can't tell what your fellow passengers may be carrying.
One major downside was that we rented a car for the entire 21 day holiday and it sat in the villa car park unmoved the entire period until driving back to the airport to drop it off. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.