cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halifax Bank

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Halifax Bank

Can anyone advise me how to contact the Halifax Bank ?
Yes I know they have a long list of telephone numbers on their website but all you get is an automated voice asking for your account number, sort code, date of birth bla bla bla
So what about contacting via e-mail, they are quick to send me an e-mail which ends to inform me this is an unmanned mailbox, ok so what's their e-mail address ? I Can't seem to find it when logging in to my account ?
So in short does ANYONE have a telephone number for the Halifax where I can speak to a real person or a valid e-mail address for the Halifax ?
26 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Halifax Bank

Do you have a branch nearby you could call into and speak to someone.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
gnicholson8
Grafter

I find the one on the back of the card is best, then do the "keep hitting hash key" till you get through to a real person.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
Do you have a branch nearby you could call into and speak to someone.
Unfortunately not. I Once asked them about an online account I wanted to close and was told they could not do this, what I needed to do was write to the Head Office to close the account, which I did and it was closed a week later so the local branch may well be limited in what it can do for you in respect of online accounts.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gnicholson8
I find the one on the back of the card is best, then do the "keep hitting hash key" till you get through to a real person.
Interesting, I will have a go at that.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: gnicholson8

I actually find just doing nothing when asked to input details eventually leads to a message along the lines of "Sorry, we are having trouble understanding you, please wait while you are connected to an operator".

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I have found that works on other lines too.... A bit boring to listen to all the options,... and you feel as though you are being "ignorant" in not doing what is asked .... !... but it does work.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

put Halifax and the town where your branch is into google - should give you a branch phone number
works for me
Community Veteran

Keep hitting the hash key did the trick, well it saved me about 5 minutes of going through all the usual stuff of keying in account numbers, passwords etc,
as mentioned it seems to confuse the system and then you get to hold to speak to an operator, 5 minute wait so that was not too bad, unfortunately it took a lot longer than that whilst the operator spoke to the online banking department, anyway all sorted now so thanks for the feedback.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Glad it worked, It works with most automated systems except for a few (which keep repeating the system over and over)
RichAllen
Grafter

I refuse to do business with Halifax, cos of the annoying TV ads.
Community Veteran

You can't dial directly into Lloyds branches.  The only way to contact them is to phone the central number and ask to be transferred.  I guess they don't have the staff in the branches to answer the calls Undecided
kdoug007
Grafter

Quote from: RichAllen
I refuse to do business with Halifax, cos of the annoying TV ads.

+ there not  really  giving  anything ,  worth  reading  about....
there  ads  must  cost a  packet!!!!
itsme
Grafter

Their Clarity Credit Card is one if not the best for Foreign transaction, there are no fees and you get the bank and not the tourist rate.
Community Veteran

Got 1.185 euros to the pound this week Smiley Smiley