cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Empty, Half Full or Something Else?

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Half Empty, Half Full or Something Else?

I think the paradox of the idea that a glass could be half empty, half full or something else fascinating.

Clearly it is what it is and its interpretation is down to each person and their life knowledge, experience and outlook on life.

is the glass half full or half empty?..

The optimist says the glass is half full.

The pessimist says the glass is half empty.

The project manager says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

The realist says the glass contains half the required amount of liquid for it to overflow.

And the cynic... wonders who drank the other half.

And there are thousands more see http://www.businessballs.com/glass-half-full-empty.htm

I'm sure this Forum can add to the list? Smiley

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Half Empty, Half Full or Something Else?

I always thought it was the engineer who said it was twice the size it needed to be and as for the realist then it wouldn’t overflow if it was full as the liquid would be at the brim. So you’d need to put more in in order for it to over flow, and that’s when you say that the glass is to small!

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

I do like the concept that glass is a liquid and the Buddhist says don't worry, remember the glass is already broken. Smiley

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

To hell with the glass... drink straight from the bottle/can ! ! .. saves time and washing up  Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The barkeeper sucks his teeth and says: "Sorry, but the other half is on back order."

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.