Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hair Dye

Hi All
From my forum Here
What hair dye do you use?
What hair dye do you recommend?
What hair dye do you recommend that people avoid?
I did my lasses hair last night with Superdrug's Midnight Oasis.
It is Superdrug's pitch black hair dye, I highly recommend it.
From Superdrug:
Superdrug Vibrance Midnight Oasis 2.8
Vibrant, strong, intense colour. A salon tested, permanent hair colour that will give you a long-lasting intense result every time and with a radiant healthy shine you’ll love.
Using Colour Vibrance couldn’t be simpler. It is non-drip, quick and easy to apply and everything you need to get your fabulous new, salon-fresh look is included. Our specially formulated Intensive Colour Conditioner containing Panthenol and fruit waxes will ensure your vibrant colour lasts longer by sealing the colour in, as well as leaving your hair in great condition and enhancing your hair’s natural radiance and shine.
Contents:

• 50ml e tube of crème colour

• 50ml e bottle of crème developer

• 50ml tube of Intensive Colour Conditioner

• 1 pair of gloves

• Instruction leaflet

Price: £3.75
7 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hair Dye

dont use any on my white crop
jmd
Grafter

Many hair dyes contain something beginning with "p" which I cannot spell/pronounce and I am allergic to it!  I used to dye my hair many years ago and have had blonde streaks - now I let nature take its course and provide me with the silver streaks instead!
Incidentally the allergy from hair dye does not always show on the scalp but can show on hands/shoulders/back as exzema - it can also take some years to develop even when the skin test that should always be done before use indicates no problem. 
Fixes: 47

p-Phenylenediamine ?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks for the link, strat,.... Thoroughly enjoyed reading it....  Roll eyes
Considered dyeing my hair, when I started to go grey 15 years ago, but when I saw the price, and considered it a "long term"  prospect, the numbers did not add up,..... must have saved a fortune, cos I quit smoking about the same time....
Question.... Why am I not rich?  Cry
Fixes: 47

Sarky Wink
A rich Yorkshireman...now there's something to keep quiet about Lips are sealed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Cheesy in that case.......>>>>>>>>>  Lips are sealed
jmd
Grafter

Thank you Strat for finding the name of what I am allergic too nowadays!  Interesting reading as it mentions black clothing and the dermatologist that I saw advised me not to wear black whilst the exzema on my back was so bad or if it flared up.  Fortunately I now only have a few patches of exzema after going through all sorts of creams but PUVA treatment really helped [also got a suntan at same time!] about 3 yrs ago.  However, would never use hair dye again.