cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a Jezzer Clarkson Moment!

Community Veteran

Had a Jezzer Clarkson Moment!

I haven't been there in a while so only just found out that my account has been deleted from idnetters forum for being "potentially racist" Has the world gone mad? I'm a member of many boards with average white bloke as my user name. It originally came about while trying to think of a user name many moons ago and saw a youtube clip of average white band, voila average white bloke that's me  Wink
Can anyone in any way see any element of racism in there? maybe I'm offending other people and just didn't realise it  Shocked I'm not quite sure exactly what potentially racist means, when I drive my car am I potentially going to knock someone down so should stop driving just in case.
I should play the race card back on idnetters and tell them I'm actually black and I find it racist that as a black guy I'm not allowed to call myself white in my user name, or  just because my user name suggests I may be white it's not always guaranteed I will be a racist. Which is racist to an average white bloke!
Idnetters, get a life stop looking for complicated solutions to simple questions and mix with some humans now and again.
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Had a Jezzer Clarkson Moment!

The Average White Band can't be called racist either http://www.averagewhiteband.com/ Wink
Political correctness gone mad again.
There's a local blues band in Sheffield call The Frank White Band and they get away with it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I don't see it as racist but I can see where some PC* folk could. To be honest I wouldn't worry about it, sounds to me like some trumped up moron on a power trip with his little bit of moderator power.
*PC = Politically Correct before anyone offers to sue me for trademark, copyright, slander etc in this stupid country.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

The Average White Band can't be called racist either http://www.averagewhiteband.com

Yep you thought that would have been a bit of a clue!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quote fixed ]
Thanks was just coming back to edit it, your on the ball tonight Jim Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Priscilla Maria Veronica White,
alias
Cilla Black O.B.E
and don`t forget....
Barry White.... who is black......
Community Veteran

Then you've got Wacko Jacko, god rest his soul who sang doesn't matter if your black or white but seemed to spend a few quid on trying to look white and Dale Winton who is white but seems to be competing with David Dickinson (aka Old Mahogany face) to be the same colour as a Wotsit.
Although TBF I think Shutters example had more relevance than mine  Roll eyes
Seriously though we need to lighten up in this country, Jezzer felt the full wrath of it. Makes you wonder if because he managed to keep his gagging order for so long the press were just looking for something to get their teeth into him. The argument seemed to stem round the fact that he's a tv presenter so ppl's kids who were striking might have thought their parents would get executed. Are there any kids watching the one show and if so would they be taking any notice of what Jeremy was saying? I doubt it.
The man's entitled to his opinion like everyone else in this free country of ours, he's a tv personality who people watch for those refreshing comments not because anyone takes much notice or I feel as well he means most of it but you know it will upset all the PC fuddy duddys who have nothing better to do.
Me being White, middle aged, with kids, family car of average height and average build with a house on the UK average of house prices seems to be a minority  who's the last to play the racism card. Don't get me wrong racism is a serious affair and they're out there. My theory on it is to have hate towards every single person of a certain race, colour or creed means you have to have met every single one of them to prove the theory which is fundamentally floored unless you have as much time on your hands as the IDnetters mod.
I was thinking of joining again with the user name CoolBlackGuy and just see if I would get the same result as potentially racist to other users but I doubt it. No point I guess joining a board where the primary role is to share and help out with tech stuff and starting my posts by pulling apart one of the mods. Help maybe not forthcoming after that.  Grin
I maybe just join up with my own user name before the mods get chance to spot it and delete it and stick a youtube link on their for an Average white band track and possibly Ebony and Ivory then clear out before I have chance to get rumbled.  Lips are sealed
mentalist3d
Grafter

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
My theory on it is to have hate towards every single person of a certain race, colour or creed means you have to have met every single one of them to prove the theory which is fundamentally floored......

Kind of the way I see it, I put it more crudely though as I usually say "It doesn't matter the colour of the skin, you're either born an a**hole or not' Wink
As for your username, I don't see a problem with it, obviously an overzealous moderator on a wee power trip
nadger
Rising Star

Political correctness really gets up my nose  Angry
Community Veteran

Your not allowed to say nose any more mate in case it's offensive to Rudolph who suffers from inflamed rhinitis. You have to say secondary breathing canal.
Little topical joke there, that was quite good for me!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Wrong - I am sorry
It is primary breathing canal - the secondary one is where your food goes in  Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Going off at a slight ( but curiously relevant) tangent.......
I work with a lady  who, every year, decorates the outside of her house for Christmas. This year she received a letter from the local council, telling her she was not allowed to decorate her house as it may be 'offensive' to non-christians living nearby.
She only has one new neighbour, a muslim, so she asked her if she 'had any objections' and showed her the letter. The lady said .. 'no objections at all..in fact we celebrate your christmas with you, and I know nothing about the councils decision'.
Needless to say she is going ahead with decorating her house anyway....Ho  Ho  Ho!!
scootie
Grafter

my ears had a shock on the bus a couple weeks ago when we went to register the birth of me son.
3 ladys in there 60's 70's an 80's got on the bus at tesco, started joking with each other about going on top deck and leaving the 80 year old on her own and not waiting for her before leaving town etc and then moved on to anna summer jokes and going to a xmas party dressed as a vampire.
had all the bus laughing, wish i had recorded it to be honest as it was that funny coming from the old- uns
then we pulled up at a stop with a mixture of people waiting and what the 80 year old said had me shocked as i thought my nan had a acid tongue but this had me jaw drop, basically she said she didnt want some one sitting next her as she had her fill of sitting with one of the general crowd that week.
tried my best to be pc so hope you get the story, just shows PC-ness is generation thing, not one person said owt to her and am sure there was all ready some people that would defo take offence to it all ready sat on the bus behind her and even those did not question what she said
@avgwhitebloke
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105812/ would the mod like to ban this film as well
pierre_pierre
Grafter

from yet another forum
somebody was talking about the Alan Titchmarsh Advent calender, came to an Ass in the picture and the forum Police didnt like it so had to put A*s  (The WeighWatchers forum)
Community Veteran

Yeah it's all gone a bit too far has the racism and PC thing, even to the point of making people who have no need to worry about it feel discriminated against. Jezzer once said that the Union Jack is the only national flag that is deemed offensive to the rest of the world and it's probably about right! I also watched something on QI last night about how propaganda videos were shown to US soldiers based in the UK during WW2 were warned that the English do not feel the same way about black people as they did and to not get offended by the Brits treating coloured folk the same and even horror of horrors drinking in the same pubs as them! The brits would even take their side in a good old fashioned pub brawl. Something I guess we can be proud of.
There are many stories like the Bus one, I have worked all over UK and met many people and I find that out of all the race, creeds etc white people aren't even in the no1 spot when it comes to racism OR should I say racist talk, I think there's a big difference between what people say and actual hate like ASBO dog says it's also a generational thing as well. My Nan in law is 90 year old and would get jailed for some of the things she says but every week when you take her change back from the shop she will always tell you to put in the envelope for the "Little Black Babies" (Christian Aid) Your average do gooder would be all over that, saying it's not PC to suggest that only black kids need help and it's discriminatory but do they give anything to anybody other than advice on what you can and can't say?
You know what I've just realised while typing this out that all the way through I was second guessing whether any of it could be deemed as offensive  Grin That's what PC does to the world, now nobody knows what you actually can say anymore.