cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hackers plan space satellites to combat internet censorship

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Hackers plan space satellites to combat internet censorship

[quote=BBC News]Computer hackers plan to take the internet beyond the reach of censors by putting their own communication satellites into orbit.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16367042
4 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Hackers plan space satellites to combat internet censorship

I see that the Chinese Virus merchants have already launched their first satellites  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16337648

China plans to launch a further 25 satellites to extend the reach
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Europe is planning its own GPS too. Next thing, Africa, Russia, Japan... everyone will want their own GPS and then suddenly they've all got something to target if they go to war - the opponents GPS!
All the time we have just one GPS, no-one is going to target it because EVERYONE friend OR foe, is reliant on it.
Adie:quote
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Sprite

everyone will want their own GPS and then suddenly they've all got something to target if they go to war - the opponents GPS!
All the time we have just one GPS, no-one is going to target it because EVERYONE friend OR foe, is reliant on it.

Which doesn`t really make sense, because by a simple use of Google Maps, (or even modern paper maps of individual countries) most "military targets" can be accurately seen and positions fixed in modern computer memory chips, which can be used to guide the missiles to the target without the use of GPS...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

True enough but there are still so many devices that DO rely on GPS that it would still have a serious effect.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!