cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

TeeGee
Aspiring Pro

Re: HSBC

If anyone is feeling brave enough (warning; could seriously increase your blood pressure) you can check the pay of the Directors of HSBC, LLoyds, Santander and not be surprised that Mr Corbyn sees sorting out the fat cats' pay a potential vote winner.

TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@TeeGee Dont forget HSBC is the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation so dont think that what JC does about directors pay will bother them to much. They will just move head office there as has been mooted a few times already over the years.Roll_eyes

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Santander is owned by the Spanish Santander Group and Lloyds will probably move north of the border to Edinburgh following Scottish Independence....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not the Halifax and Skipton then?

We've been swindled!

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman Why do you think when HSBC changed from Midland Bank they didnt use their full name but changed the name worldwide to HSBC (sound more british!!!!!)Funny

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 8

@TTman wrote:

@TeeGee Dont forget HSBC is the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation so don't think that what JC does about directors pay will bother them to much. They will just move head office there as has been mooted a few times already over the years.Roll_eyes

With HK as it is @TTman, and China wanting to assert itself, do you really believe HSBC would move?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

@TTman wrote:

@Minivanman Why do you think when HSBC changed from Midland Bank they didnt use their full name but changed the name worldwide to HSBC (sound more british!!!!!)Funny

@TTman Changed to cope with the Englishman's writing and spelling abilities?😈

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern Yes but they are a world wide bank so dont have to move the head office to Hong Kong.

On your second point the reason for the change was what I was told when I worked at FDSmileyThumbs_Up

Luzern
Hero

@TTman  bad memory, FD?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

First Direct?

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman correct

Luzern
Hero

DOH!

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

FD = First Direct had me thinking for a while even though I've got an account with them and received an email containing the following a couple of days ago.  My excuse - I'm not fully awake yet!

Capture.PNG

In their favour though they do offer the first £250 of overdraft interest free.

I don't actually use the account for anything other than drip-feeding £300 per month (paid in from elsewhere) into their associated 'Regular Saver' account which pays 5% interest on up to £3600 which was the only reason I opened it.

Oh, that and the fact that they paid me an introductory £125 for opening it.

When the saver account matures after 12 months the current account will probably just become another 'throwaway' one for the purposes of opening an account with another bank if another introductory offer arises.

Coincidentally my last permitted payment for the 5% rate into the saver account is due on the date shown on the snip above, so another month later it'll likely be "Bye bye FD".

Highlighted
TeeGee
Aspiring Pro

@RobPN wrote:

I don't actually use the account for anything other than drip-feeding £300 per month (paid in from elsewhere) into their associated 'Regular Saver' account which pays 5% interest on up to £3600 which was the only reason I opened it.

I am assuming that the £3600 is the maximum balance that you can get 5% on. If this is the case then at the end of the year transfer it into a reliable SIPP with tax free bonus and probably get even more depending on the type of investment.  My SIPP has grown by 12% this year but of course that could all change on Friday 13th!