cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Touchpad

David_W
Rising Star

HP Touchpad

I'm quite interested in getting one of these for 80 quid, but everywhere is either sold out or hasn't changed their prices!  Cheapest I've found so far is for £151 for the 16Gb model, anyone found an £80 still in stock?  Crazy
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: HP Touchpad

You might try Googling HP touchpad. It may change your opinion about whether to buy (always assuming you an of course) one or not judging by some of the reviews and comments.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
David_W
Rising Star

"The HP TouchPad, if it were less expensive, could be an extremely strong, if slightly less polished, alternative to the iPad. But like other recently-released high-profile Android tablets, it’s determined to take on the champ. And just like those Android tablets, it's hard to recommend over an iPad at the same price."
Add in that people are working on porting Android on to it and you have a really good tablet at a very good price.  Except it's really hard, almost impossible to find them at the 80 quid range.  If I were HP though I'd be thinking "hey, we may be on to something here" and continue with the HP Touchpad at cost and get their profits from value added services, like charging 10% (instead of 30) for app downloads to bring in developers, their own ad network etc.  They tried to enter an already heavy market (expensive tablets), if they had brought it in as a loss leader to bring profits elsewhere then they could have dominated the market.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@david w:- try http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/HP-TOUCHPAD-16GB-WIFI
it's advertised at £89 but currently out of stock
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

David_W
Rising Star

Aye, it was a total sale to clear the stocks, all the places that dropped it to 80 on the day sold out in about 15 minutes, there are places still with stock it's just trying to find a place that is going to drop it to 80.  Argos did and sold out already, Amazon I think have sold out totally.