Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIGNFY

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

HIGNFY

There I was last night feet up with a cuppa ready to watch one of my favorites of the week and rugger me, they pulled 'Have I Got News For You' because of the EU elections.

To add insult to injury they then replaced it with 'Mrs Brown's Boys' - and a repeat at that. 

Head must roll!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/10/heidi-allen-asks-bbc-why-did-you-pull-have-i-go...

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HIGNFY

According to the BBC they replaced it with an episode of "Would I lie to you?", but maybe it was a lie and they were by showing Mrs. Brown's Boys.

Highlighted
Fixes: 416

That's a shame as any appearance of Heidi on my TV is welcome and on HIGNFY too is a bonus.

I'm guessing she wasn't hosting the show but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to say, if you're a real fan set your recorder for the extended version it's 15 minutes longer, and worth the wait. I don't know if all regions are the same but here on BBC One Scotland it's normally on late, very late on the Monday (into Tuesday).

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous 

Regional maybe?

Here we have BBC Wales but having said that I'm sure I scrolled down to see what the other regions were showing.

Ah well, guess I'll have to wait for next week or my copy of the Private Eye to drop through the letter box. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm sure it will be regional @Minivanman but the BBC site doesn't know my true location so may well have shown me what was transmitted for England as that's where my IP puts me. But does the storey (programme) change for you if you read the Welsh version?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous 

As far as I'm aware it the same version. God's forbid they'd have a Welsh one, that's all I need! Smiley

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

To add insult to injury they then replaced it with 'Mrs Brown's Boys' - and a repeat at that. 

Invoking the "Irish Backstop"  Cheesy

(Sorry can't claim credit for that - saw it on FB)

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Anonymous  and @Minivanman 

FYI I just checked my EPG for England (SW - Freeview not Freesat) and '... a bit more ...' is on BBC1 Monday 23:00 to 23:45. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've no doubt that will change in time @RobPN, if they can't show it on Friday they can show it until the Election is over. Unless what you are seeing is a repeat, unless what you are seeing is a repeat.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Quite true, but I was just posting the info for future reference (that the longer version is on at that particular time in England).  Smiley

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well if it is the one that should have gone out last night, why have they changed their minds I wonder. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they can, unless they've been busy in the editing suite.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 12

Politicians should be prohibited from appearing on such shows period.

And HIGNFY has a lot to answer for in normalising and popularising the self-serving arseholes.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@DaveyH

Is that really how you see it, or are you just being contentious.

As a long standing regular viewer neither the host, Ian Hislop or Paul Merton have ever in my view allowed anybody politician or otherwise to be anything other than open to ridicule should it be warranted.

Provide us with one clip to show otherwise and I'll take my hat off to you... or even better, eat it.

Over to you. Smiley