Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Freeview recorder ?

Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: HD Freeview recorder ?

Quote from: MJN
none of the refurbished Humax models are HD recorders.
Are we looking at same Humax site?

Try Managers Specials
Highlighted
Fixes: 417

Quote from: purleigh
Just tell your Mrs - "NO MORE BUSH"  !   -  try typing that into google  Shocked

I assume they'll be plenty of links relating to the end of GW's 8 year term in office Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Will add my name to that list as well. We have a 9200T model which is fairly old and when the analogue channels were turned off we did have a few problems with it freezing but following a software upgrade the problems were sorted out, so without question I would buy another Humax when this one finally gives up the ghost.
Hardly a day goes by that we don't use it
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

The sad thing is if I could afford it I would buy a Humax, but it is 2x the cost of the Bush, Horses for courses. Given that I have had to buy a new freeview box + a new battery for my car I in the past 2 months I just don't have any more cash, and it will be >6 months before I could afford a Humax and I for one can't live with the nagging from SHMBO over her TV stuff not working. One or the other I could have afforded but the 2 together have emptied the reserves (such as they were).
So my alternatives were another Bush box that will hopefully work or at least give me some breathing room, or six months of ear bashing over the old box, I went with the easy option. I looked on ebay etc for alternatives but there is nowt in my price range apart from some being sold by individuals and with them you have no warranty.
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: nadger
Are we looking at same Humax site?
Try Managers Specials

Good question!
I was following this link where they've currently got a PVR-9150T-G, PVR-9300T-G and a PVR-9300T/500-G for sale.
Don't be misled by the HDMI sockets on the 9300 series - it just means it can be connected via HDMI to a TV. It doesn't have an HD tuner inside (and therefore obviously can't record HD either).
Edit: Oops! Whilst I was following the link provided I wasn't clicking the 'Freeview HD Specials' sub-link. I blame whoever posted that link in the first place.  Smiley This is the correct one.
Mathew
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yeah if I had the money then a HDR-FOX T2-G would be in the post but @£159 it is over 2x the £70 cost of the Bush. If the Bush was new then it would be ~£20 and a better buy but for a recon...
Highlighted
Pro

Yes but this is now your second Bush that you've had to splash out for. How may times do you have to replace it before realising that paying higher in the first instance will likely cost you less in the long run, and quite possibly produce a better experience throughout?
That said, I fully appreciate that cashflow issues may trump that logic though and that's fair enough... But being bullied by the missus isn't though! Wink
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yes but this is now your second Bush that you've had to splash out for. How may times do you have to replace it before realising that paying higher in the first instance will likely cost you less in the long run?

Nope I am due a refund for the first 2 (original + replacement), so I will still only have paid for one of them.
IF I had being paying for the 3rd unit then I would have looked elsewhere for a unit, but I have only had the units for 3 weeks now (in total on Friday)
Highlighted
Pro

Ah okay I see.
Even so - once bitten, twice shy. Going for a third go...?  Undecided
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Edit: Oops! Whilst I was following the link provided I wasn't clicking the 'Freeview HD Specials' sub-link. I blame whoever posted that link in the first place.  Smiley This is the correct one.
Mathew

Ah!! but some of us knew about the sub-link Smiley Smiley
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Even so - once bitten, twice shy. Going for a third go...?  Undecided

Well I am looking on it as still being the FIRST time, if I get a working unit then I am happy, if not I return it and am back to square one, I haven't lost any money this way, if I had being paying for them every-time I wouldn’t be getting a 3rd unit.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Quote from: randpwar
We've had one of below for a couple of years and the picture is excellent.

Strange thing is the Bush is an almost exact copy of this one. The previous 2 were maybe newer models?
This is a full size box, VFD display, 2 red leds on the LHS one on when recording not sure about other, one green led on RHS, usb port under flap on RHS.
Different s/w ver 0.68 on this box, but that is to be expected.
Info button seems to not work like previous ones, one press gives basic info, but 2 doesn't give the extended info.
Display has scrolling messages, like please wait, and displays the channel no & details, scrolls whole thing to start with then displays only the first 8 or so chars.
Highlighted
Rising Star

Hope it'll keep SWMBO happy  Cool
Highlighted
Community Veteran

So far so good, 24 hours and no ear bending  Grin
First box lasted for a week, so here's hoping, although so far the recording/schedules are only about 20% usage rather than the 50% that was showing on that box.
Found out what the other red light is TIMERS, Had to get my glasses on to see it.