rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Grrrr rediculous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-28838577
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Grrrr rediculous

Talk about heavy handed..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

5 months and no reason was given meetings missed what should they do?
Fixes: 125

Her excuses seem pretty lame. Also, if she was so concerned over her daughter's health after battling cancer then it would have been imperative to talk to the school so that they were aware of any concerns when she was at school. Remember, according to the report it wasn't 7 continuous days but spread out over January to March.
I agree with itsme - what else could they do?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

charge her with child endangerment for having a phone that she cant use at all times to contact people for starters
there's no excuse for failing to inform a school of any on-going or underlying conditions its tantamount to gross negligence and failing to attend meetings or to communicate with those in authority is also crass stupidity.
it might seem heavy handed but honestly a lot more people could do with being hauled in for such inactions where a few simple steps could of prevented all this it has wasted time and effort of others and clearly this woman needs a good hard slap with a reality stick and not coddling by a bunch of namby pamby lawyers or well meaning but dangerously misguided do-gooders who will no doubt have the case against her used as an excuse to support labour's proposal of repealing the current legal framework surrounding anti truancy measures (they prefer there next generation of voters stupid/drunk/high and dependant on welfare as there time in power clearly shows), with any luck the council will stay the course and the dippy bird will get a few months in the nick for her failings !
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

In times gone by a teacher would have had an eye out for Mum the day after an absence to ask why when the kid was dropped off for school. Simple, informal, and kept everyone happy.
Now with ever stricter regulation and inspection the schools have to be more officious to protect their own backs, insist on parents following strict procedures and call formal meetings for unexplained absence. Common sense has long gone out of the window.
Quote from: nanotm
charge her with child endangerment for having a phone that she cant use at all times to contact people for starters

Not that many years ago a significant proportion of families didn't have a land line phone (let alone mobiles) - nobody though that endangered the children. In any case even with no credit you can dial 999.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Not heavy handed...too often nowadays people use being unemployed as an excuse not to do something.
Can this girl (won't call her a woman) not write? Her daughter obviously went in for the majority of time, so she could have taken a note in, the good old fashioned way -pre mobile phone way.