cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow-your-own to replace false teeth

Community Veteran

Grow-your-own to replace false teeth

The British institution of dentures sitting in a glass of water beside the bed could be rendered obsolete by scientists who are confident that people will soon be able to replace lost teeth by growing new ones.
Instead of false teeth, a small ball of cells capable of growing into a new tooth will be implanted where the missing one used to be.
The procedure needs only a local anaesthetic and the new tooth should be fully formed within a few months of the cells being implanted.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/may/03/sciencenews.health

Given the age profile of this forum  Smiley - and I include myself - this looks like a good development - lets hope it works and is available soon.....
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Grow-your-own to replace false teeth

That sounds great! At last, a worry free and paranoia-about-getting-older free future for the next teeth that loose the fight to sugar!
Excellent stuff!
Oh hang on... dentists don't do free on the NHS do they  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

The news article was from May 2004, which was probably the when I read it. To my knowledge this has not progressed any further.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

nearly as bad as one in the BBC news Latest stories list, will get told off if I post it, Gent meat and two veg painted on a roof, the article is dated 24th March as last updated
An 18-year-old has secretly painted a 60ft drawing of a 12345 on the roof of his parents' £1million mansion in Berkshire. It was there for a year before his parents found out. They say he'll have to scrub it off when he gets back from travelling.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: itsme
The news article was from May 2004

Heh, so it was! There as me getting all excited too Sad
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!