cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groovin' on a Sunday Afternoon

Community Veteran

Groovin' on a Sunday Afternoon

Wonder how we've all spent our Sunday afternoon.  For me it was a chair in the garden as temperatures got into the 70ºs with a good bottle of Merlot and listened to some old CDs I dug out - Dionne Warwick, Nancy Wilson, Sinatra and Macy Gray. Just found my copy of Back to Black and realised what a great voice Amy Winehouse had, a sad loss.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Groovin' on a Sunday Afternoon

Likewise in garden, but weeding, picking fruit and vegetables for bottling, Jam, Juice, pickles, chutney and curds.
Bonne Maman jars, best thing since sliced bread
Community Veteran

........well I did do a bit of gardening this morning Wink
Fixes: 47

Browsing the forum, a spot of house sitting and back to browsing the forum interspersed with eating. Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
eating.

Tonight’s delicacy:
Home made………….Gooseberry Curd Ice Cream..........it has a certain ‘tang’ to it.
It's both addictive and high in calories not as 'tart' as lemon curd ice cream
Community Veteran

Tour de France on the TV and German Grand Prix online. Watched both at the same time!
Community Veteran

@Oddball, 2 TVs or picture in picture? Hamilton was back in form I see Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Tour de France on the TV and German Grand Prix online
randpwar
Grafter

Bit of a strange day yesterday and hectic for a few days previously as my lad finished primary school on Friday and hardly had time to catch his breath before disappearing up to Windermere early Sunday morning with his Sea Scouts for two weeks of sailing, kayaking and expeditions. Took the dog on a good walk, on getting back home, across fields and up the canal before it got too hot for him and then had a lazy Sunny Sunday afternoon sitting in the garden with half an ear to the Test Match on the radio. SWMBO had a cool glass of white wine and I managed to force a beer passed my tortured lips; very pleasant……..apart from the ants of course!
Did anyone else notice how cool it went in the evening? I took the dog back across the fields about 9pm and thought I could have done with wearing a jumper
pierre_pierre
Grafter

gets B cold down here, we leave our heating on a timed thermostat and several times this week it has said its cold in the morning
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the last weeks temps here in Essex
Community Veteran

Quote from: randpwar
Did anyone else notice how cool it went in the evening? I took the dog back across the fields about 9pm and thought I could have done with wearing a jumper

Yes I noticed how cold it got in the evening especially as it had been a very warm day.  Having said that I had to open the bedroom window in the night as it was too hot to sleep Undecided
Community Veteran

With all the sport yesterday we mustn't forget the cricket, which we won this afternoon.  Also Tom Daley in the diving.  He didn't win a medal but gave a very credible performance Smiley Smiley