Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green light for Manning

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Green light for Manning

He, she or whatever this guy was a traitor in uniform and should serve the full sentence, 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/17/chelsea-manning-sentence-commuted-barack-obama

Obama, now you disappoint me.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Green light for Manning

Julian Assange stated he was willing to be extradited to the US if Manning was freed.

Interesting to see what happens now.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

What, if anything, has Mr Assange's own government done to help him?

Minivanman
Hero

"Julian Assange stated he was willing to be extradited to the US if Manning was freed.

Interesting to see what happens now."

And an interesting point, and maybe not what Assange expected. Roll eyes

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Minivanman wrote:

Obama, now you disappoint me.

He's gone up in my estimation.

And Snowden's asylum has just been extended too...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/edward-snowden-russia-two-years-residency-permit-julian-ass...

Minivanman
Hero

Have you seen the film 'Snowden'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3774114/

For my money Manning was just a pathetic man with a dismal background, How the army ever accepted him beggars belief. Tell you what, give him "four more years" Wink

Community Veteran

Manning was possibly seeking attention.....well he certainly got that.....likely a lifetime of attention the majority of which may not be pleasant.

Community Veteran

So Chelsea Manning did this because he/she had a social conscience..... “Chelsea Manning exposed serious abuses"..

If it had been one or two documents I could buy that BUT over 700,000 is not a social conscience.  How could he/she read each one to decide if it went against their beliefs?

It raises two points. 

1 How long have they got to live now, before they are 'disappeared' or have an 'accident'?

2  Who would employ him/her?  You couldn't trust them to be school crossing lady, in case they didn't like your kid and pushed it under a bus.

If they found it truly upsetting they should have walked away.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Isn't it Sweden that wants Assange, but he fears that once there, he'll be sent to the US?

What I can't understand is why the Americans didn't simply say that Snowden was only a contractor and therefore didn't have access to classified information.  That would seem to be the usual line with defectors, i.e. discredit them and the information they claim to possess.

Minivanman
Hero

Add to those two points @rogadodge, who is going to pay for his gender reassignment now he's being let out as so far, the American taxpayer has been picking up the bill for those injections.

He's a mixed up dude that's for sure. Crazy2 

Community Veteran

I thought there was no free health service in the US except for the very poor and most people had to pay for medical care.

Admit I know little about this subject but is it correct he would get this type of treatment free, unlike in the UK.

Minivanman
Hero

The prison service/government were paying for it  under some 'responsibility for care' requirement I assume.

Seems his human rights were also being infringed by being denied treatment for his gender dysphoria - and free once he'd been let out? Now that would surprise me.

Just a thought, I wonder what how long the waiting list is here in the UK to see a doctor or have an operation is when you are banged up inside Wink  

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

It has been said that in the UK prison is a good place to be if you require medical care.  There is usually no, or a very short, waiting list since death in custody is something the authorities want to avoid at all cost.  And if a prisoner has an out-patient appointment I imagine they are seen promptly since the longer they are out of prison, the higher the risk of escape.

If you don't want to commit a crime to get seen, requiring an interpreter for the same language as the person with the first appointment of the day helps; they try to see all of those in quick succession in order to save on interpreting costs.

Community Veteran

@Minivanman... I don't there will be a shortage of volunteers to complete his surgery...
Minivanman
Hero

@rogadodge

I'll keep my hands firmly in my pockets if you don't mind.... tempted though Wink