Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greedy MP Simmonds quits

Devonian
Grafter

Greedy MP Simmonds quits

Because he's not getting enough money through expenses!!  Shocked
You couldn't make it up!
Paid £90k a year, claims £30k PER YEAR for hotels... yet he wants MORE?
Oh, and he employees his wife and pays her £25k!!
These people are just leeches, sucking the public purse dry.
Perhaps he's got a new job as a banker!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28737781
40 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Greedy MP Simmonds quits

Next to go please:
Philip Hammond
David Cameron.
Then I'll be happy  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Not forgetting
Ian Duncan Smith
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Oh yes i forgot about him!
Infact despite not being on benefits, i detest that bloke more than the other two put together.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

& thats saying it all Tongue
Community Veteran

As I've said before I think IDS is doing a good job in attempting to sort out the welfare system. It badly needs it and I hope he succeeds. I have written to him with a number of suggestions for change and one has recently been put forward by him.
TORPC
Grafter

What!!!!
Have you forgotten a smilie for your giraffe ?Huh
Making people homeless, destitute in poverty etc
Making disabled people work etc
Some of which are of no fault of their own & has clearly been documented in several threads on here, & in the news etc
Community Veteran

Many people suddenly signed off when they were due to be examined. 500 a week are coming off benefits and that is a major saving to the economy.
Those that need benefits should get them. Maybe the system has to be re- tuned to ensure these people are not allowed to slip through the net.
There is a benefit cap of £26k at present. This means you would have to earn £32k to take home £26k. Do you not feel this is more than generous?
Remember benefits are paid for out of taxes that I and many others have paid for all our lives.
As for your opening remark, I don't understand it so will ignore it Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not that many names listed in the previous posts, personally I would like the majority to go along with the majority in the House of Lords
TORPC
Grafter

@artmo
having a giraffe
is another way of saying "having a laugh"
I am aware that they are paid out taxes that I / SWMBO & a vast amount of people contribute towards,
However
That said
No matter how the benefits system gets tidied up / refined / fixed / demolished etc
There will always be those that will find the cracks & will cheat / attempt to cheat the system, & those are the ones that need sorting out / the genuine people are the ones that have been sanctioned on their claims, due to corruptness of their advisor(s), which has been documented via the press & in these boards
Devonian
Grafter

IDS is an out of touch disgusting little posh boy with no grip on reality and no knowledge of living on a budget.
He has tarred every single benefit claimant with the same brush, and is now trying to bully them all off of benefits.
At least he is trying with the genuine claimants, because as per usual he, and the rest of the government are to weak to tackle the scroungers, free loaders, smack heads and immigration.
The only people being hurt by the benefit clamp down are the genuine people. .. because the rest are like chameleons and find other loop hopes to exploit.
Artmo reckons 500 a week are giving up there benefit rather than have the medical.
I expect that's true.... because the GENUINE people don't want to insulting and degrading medical to take place, after all receiving benefits are a big enough stigma any way.
Dick:red Personal attack removed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Devonian
Because he's not getting enough money through expenses!!   Shocked
You couldn't make it up!
, claims £30k PER YEAR for hotels...

Actually if you are considering the rates for London hotels of a standard where you feel safe to leave personal belongings, the expenses sum of £30K is not excessive for 20 nights a month (and meals) for 8 months a year, provided it is properly receipted and within the rules.  True he could rent a small apartment for less, but that would be in the region of £20K a year once London travel and overheads were taken into account.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps we should have a whip around for him ?
TORPC
Grafter

Should we also ask the cat & the 9 tails  to help in the whip around ?Huh
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair

Actually if you are considering the rates for London hotels of a standard where you feel safe to leave personal belongings, the expenses sum of £30K is not excessive for 20 nights a month (and meals) for 8 months a year, provided it is properly receipted and within the rules.  True he could rent a small apartment for less, but that would be in the region of £20K a year once London travel and overheads were taken into account.

Shocked