cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greedy Greggs !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Greedy Greggs !

Be aware,... all you Greggs fans.... they have hiked their prices....

as this Daily Mirror story shows....  http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/greggs-put-prices-up-people-11259297

Greggs fans have been left livid after discovering some of their favourite foods have jumped in price - with little warning.

The famous sausage roll has gone up to 90p from 85p.

For those who remember "the old money"... that is an incredible price to pay for a sausage roll...  now at (90p)  it is Eighteen shillings. !... which means the price has gone up One shilling...  or 12 old pennies.. 

35 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Greedy Greggs !

At one time you could buy something for half a penny, not sure if you could ever buy anything for a farthing.

Amazing the changes you see in a lifetime

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And that is what is called Inflation, artificially pushing up the numbers while the actual value (as in, nourishment, entertainment, safety, etc.) stays the same or worse goes down...

Prices go up, so wages go up, then prices go up, and wages go up, therefore prices go up and wages go up, bit of a vicious circle in the capitalist world... Smiley

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I am surprised that they increased the price , nowadays they just normally shrink things Cheesy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 125

shutter wrote:

Greggs fans have been left livid after discovering some of their favourite foods have jumped in price - with little warning.

The famous sausage roll has gone up to 90p from 85p.

Livid, really? Can they not get a sausage roll anywhere else? Many other important things in life to worry aboutWink

And how much warning do these livid people want?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'm sure I paid 95p for a sausage roll at my local branch a while back..

Oh well, not much point moaning about it, we have bigger problems to worry about like people posting links from the mirror of all places
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

To be honest, I've never liked Greggs products - even their sandwiches don't do much for me, so I don't care.Smiley

John
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

In Sheffield there seems to be an abundance of Greggs. I feel like as soon as you're out of sight of one... you can see the next one.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm with jab1 or is it jab6? food in that place is bland. Tried a sausage roll once and never again. The sausage roll in the coop was better.

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@jaread83 I agree, but fortunately, they don't appear to have come to the leafy SW yet.Grin

@Steve It's still jab5 until next week.Smiley

John
Fixes: 47

I always have a steak bake Cool

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Well, if costs rise for the likes of Greggs, would you not expect them to raise their prices to stay in business; pay their staff?

Prices are rising. Why? Perhaps it may be the weak  £, but surely no Greggs ( or other shops') customers are responsible in any way whatsoever, at least since 6/16.Roll eyesFunny

I think prices for the most part are rounded to 5 or 10 p, and that seems to be evidenced in a recent supermarket bill. Only 3 of 14 items were priced differently. Those were weighed vegs. 1 and 2 p coins will become obolete. Whereas other countries will price to amounts that cannot be paid exactly, and so round the total bill up or down, I'll lay the b....y minded element of the Brit psyche will prevent such pragmatism.Crazy3

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Personally I'll pass on anything from them.
When on holl's in N. York's, we found another baker that had 4 sausage rolls for £1 (and not the mini ones either). Used to get them for a quick lunch for the 2 off us, along with a bottle of water or a carton of OJ.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

HairyMcbiker wrote:
 a carton of OJ.

Crikey me. !    OJ ( aka Old Jim ) now available in cartons ! ! !.... we`ll be exporting him to China and the Philipines,... for them to copy and sell back to us Cheesy

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Friend of mine used to work in their factory at Longbenton and the stories he used to tell put me off Gregg's for life.