cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greed or just good sense buying?

Fixes: 121

Greed or just good sense buying?

'I've bought 300': Tesco shoppers bulk-buy ice-creams at 6p each and Magnums at 10p as price glitch ...
Shoppers are bulk-buying ice-creams at a saving of 88 per cent thanks to a discounting glitch at Tesco, it emerged today.
As another spell of warm, sunny weather bathes most of the UK, Magnums are flying off the shelves of Tesco Express for as little as 10p, and other ice creams for 6p.
The glitch has come about as the supermarkets' smaller stores are running a 2 for £3 offer on ice creams as well as a 2 for £3 offer on pizza and ice cream.

Members of HotUKDeals - a deal-hunting online forum - are taking advantage of the glitch, with some stocking up on hundreds of ice creams. One claimed to have made a saving of £122.62, buying a total of 300 ice creams for just £17.36.

Who has room in their freezer for 300 Magnums and why would you want that many?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Greed or just good sense buying?

It's greed.
A lot would probably get thrown away as they were effectively free.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

My freezer would have no problem - 572 litre capacity (20 cu ft) - mind you I wouldn't buy them anyway
But I do have a quite a few tubs Carte D'Or Rum and Raisin Icecream (really delicious) bought when on special offer at under half price which share space with all the fruit and veg from the garden
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav

At 8p per ice cream I'd have a sign on the front lawn - "Ice creams for sale 60p each. Knock on door".
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Good thinking Sherlock  Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@sprite if you did some official would knock at you door with a clipboard.  Packaged items can't be sold individually, my mother had a shop and found that out after stocking up at the cash and carry.  The packaged mars bars she bought shouldn't have been sold for trade, as they had that warning sticker on them.  A day after she got a visit and had to stop selling them, took the cash and carry over a month to refund her as it was their fault for selling them to trade.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Mav

Maybe they're planning on a special, cooling bath that just happens to be very tasty, too.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Oldjim

But I do have a quite a few tubs Carte D'Or Rum and Raisin Ice cream (really delicious) bought when on special offer at under half price
  We will be seeing you at Weight watchers then ?  Wink