cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greece

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Greece

Looks like the Greek parliament will have little option but to agree further measures demanded by the EU, however I cannot see this situation continuing much longer as unemployment is over 25% and set to rise even further. Also on the rise is the cost of everything so it can only be a matter of time before one of the extreme parties takes control of the country.
History has a way of repeating itself and when the population have no faith or trust in a government they are often influenced by those with extreme ideas who usually find someone or something to focus all the blame on.
We live in interesting times.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Greece

Spain is worse.  Lips are sealed
Fixes: 104

Interestingly looks like France isn't too far behind either..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I read today that Germany was concerned about the economy in France and want to get involved to sort it out.  I'm sure the French farmers will cooperate  Wink
The further we keep away from the EU the better.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: artmo

Sooner we have a referendum the better.
The UK remains a big loser from the CAP. Between 2007 and 2013, the UK will contribute £33.7bn to the CAP and get back £26.6bn; a net contribution of £7.1bn. Per hectare, the UK receives £188, compared to for example France, Germany and the Netherlands which receive £236, £251 and £346 respectively

from www.openeurope.org.uk/Content/Documents/Pdfs/CAP_2012.pdf
and again
The European Investment Bank, to which the UK contributes has signed up to €190M of funding for a Ford Transit Factory in Turkey. Turkey is not a member of the EU, so presumably this is seen by Brussels as a form of “sweetener” in its efforts to get the Turks to join up. In the meantime Ford is closing down the Transit Factory in Southampton leading to a loss of some 3000 UK jobs.
....................................and Turkey is not even a member of the EU. Crazy
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
Sooner we have a referendum the better.

I think that may be sooner than we think Wink
Community Veteran

It needs to be sooner.
There will be little point in a referendum if we have already been sucked down the EU plug hole.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo

I can't help but wonder if you'd still agree to that had I said it first  Roll eyes
Anyway I'm also of the same opinion. We need out of the EU who keep trying to sink us to prop themselves up.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!