cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great service

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Great service

We gave our youngest granddaughter a tablet for christmas. Mixed reviews for the one we got, but is a fantastic, fast little thing with quite a good spec. An American company, relatively new to the UK
http://www.very.co.uk/hipstreet-hyperion-quad-coretrade-processor-1gb-ram-8gb-storage-wi-fi-7-inch-t...
Five days later the outer screen has cracked (trodden on) but the LCD is fine. I searched for replacement part - no good. I tried to find a service centre- no good.
So I emailed them, explaining what had happened.
Here is the reply :
Hi Martin,
                Sorry to hear about what happen to your granddaughters device. We had just recently set up a service center in the UK, but currently they do not handle screen replacement so I will have to arrange a replacement. If you can provide your address, I’ll have a case and RMA created and we will look at a very minimal charge to exchange the device for a new one.

Regards ,

Now THAT is what I call good customer service. Smiley Smiley
Incidentally, got the wife ( a self confessed and proud to be - technophobe) a Hudl2, and she loves it.  And no power problems either. Wink

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Great service

Absolutely, credit to the company. I have to say, however, their response is not untypical of the way American companies deal with complaints. Well done Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah, we all make fun of " have a nice day Y`All".. and other such "americanisms"... like.... " Hi, xyz company here, it`s michael speaking, how may I be of assistance to you this morning...... ". etc..
But.. the yanks do seem to go that "extra mile" in the customer service department... makes us look very primitive ....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Gotta love the american way of customer service, outstanding attitude they have towards their customers.
Unlike us over here.. very draconian profit over everything attitude.. it's almost sickening how our society is so dog eat dog and yet the rest of the world seem to love us  Huh
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

There are many UK companies with a similar attitude to customer service Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Waitrose are exceptionally good when it comes to keeping its customers sweet (but at their prices you'd be shocked if they weren't lol). There are always the odd few exceptions yes but generally a lot of UK companies have the "we don't really give a stuff" attitude.
Thing is, money speaks and with most folks thats all they really care about these days  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

I haven't been to waitrose for several years.
Ever since one of the staff started screaming "don't touch me don't touch me" to my dear old Mum.
Putting to one side her dementia I would have expected some understanding towards someone well into their eighties.
Aldi's and Lidl's staff in contrast were the complete opposite in always being happy and friendly towards her.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Good example of staff stupidity in todays paper, a pregnant woman wanted to use the toilet whilst her husband was in the queue to order food but the staff refused her request on the grounds she did not have a receipt.
Once this appeared in the press the top bosses were full of apologies to say this was not their policy and staff training would be reviewed.