cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Service

geewizz
Grafter

Great Service

When does great service become embarassing?
Let me explain. I've used Kwik Fit quite a lot over the past 2 years. I've been getting my MOT done there because the service is thorough and prompt. If I have a puncture or a problem with the exhaust, it's Kwik Fit that I head for.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the rubber rings that hold up my exhaust were perished and I had lost a couple. I put some gaffer tape on to hold the exhaust up temporarily and next time I was near Kwik Fit I popped in to see if they could sort me out. They replaced 3 rings and sent me on my way without charge.
Yesterday i popped in again because I had found that a tyre was needing pumped up every couple of days. They took off the tyre, cleaned it up, put it back on and reported that it had been leaking from the rim. I got my cheque book out and once again I was dismissed with a wave of the hand. The tyre is holding pressure again.
I'm beginning to wonder what it will take to get them to accept some payment for the wonderful service they offer. It has got to the stage where I'm hoping I need a new tyre or two just so that I can release some of my irrational sense of guilt.  Embarrassed
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Great Service

I know they are not always the cheapest - although close, but I have used them for years - including the mobile units that will visit your home or work.
When I've had a company car - the leasing companies have always had accounts with them.
I've never had a bad experience with them too - indeed it's always been very good - sometimes exempliary.
But given they were founded by Sir Tom Farmer - who must have instliied the customer service ethos, before selling the business to Ford.
There is a good chance that his new company will be similar.
Farmer Autocare

and no - I've never worked for them or owned any shares
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have got a feeling that Ford dont own them now
Google it and found this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4605987.stm
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I have got a feeling that Ford dont own them now

No doubt sold off by Ford becuase of the financial problems they were in
pierre_pierre
Grafter

They sold it in 2002.
They did have a lot of trouble at the time with adverse publicity about a lot of the branch managers.
Community Veteran

Always good to hear something positive being said about customer service. Smiley  I've used them a number of times and always been pleased.  They will also price match if you find a cheaper quote.