cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grave danger awaits you and your family and your home

thisoldman
Grafter

Grave danger awaits you and your family and your home

Last night i was cajoled into a visit to my local backwater cinema. They have recently upgraded their facilities to show 3D films,
and were offering a free sampler evening.  So accompanied by several of the local misfits,sceptics and freeloaders, I tagged along.
In the foyer i  was offerred some popcorn and cola and as it was all free i opted for the cola. (big mistake)
I was then given a pair of silly and uncomfortable specs to view the 3d samplers.
The place was packed with loads of kids and tennagers and geriatric people like me.
The action began with some kind of animal safari park film.   
Suddenly this cheeky tiger sprang  from nowhere right into our faces.
The woman next to me screamed blue murder plus a few words i cannot  possible use in here (Be3g rule 216/c).
She threw up her hands, presumably to shield her face , but all she achieved was to send my cup of coke flying thru the air.
Various people then got to their feet complaining and cursing and demanding to know who did that..
The film scene then changed to a soccer  advert and as the centre forward took the penalty, the ball headed straight for the people in the back row. A silly old man stood up and scremed uv missed uv missed.
A young male stood up and scremed iv got the ball. Everyone laughed except the old lady who runs the cinema. I got the impression she looked, even in the dark , unimpreseed. (cant use the p off word here, rule 234h)
Then came an excerpt from what looked like csi.  The gangster pointed a gun at the audience and i thought, good god almighty what will happen next?
A we boy in the front began to cry/scream , several teenagers began to shout "do it do it do it". He cocked the trigger and the man in front of me stood up and screamed dont dont dont.Iv got my grandkids siiting beside me.
I began to wonder if i was in a cinema or ward 22 in broadmoor.
Finally,this stupid 3d ended with  a bunch of deviant chavs skateboarding in a local park.  After a few moments one of them headed ,upside down, straight for us.
People screamed, and some kids stood up and shouted iv got you , iv got you.
At this the lights came on and the old lady who runs the joint said there was a fault and that the show was over.

Now  i tell you all this because    (fast forward)  in two years time 3d tv is comming to your home and this is the terrible terrible (lol) danger , you are likely to face.
Mr and mrs brown,grandpa brown and granny brown and the grandchildren sat dow to watch the first 3d tv show.
The animals in the park roared and ran into the room.Mr brown dropped his cigarette ,in shock, which started to burn a hole in his wife.s cardigan. Granny brown threw some beer over the cardigan: the kids screamed at the smoke.
In the next scene,a monster appeared from its cubicle and stuck out its tongue. Grandad ducked, hitting  the youngest kid who fell onto the floor ,cracking his head. An ambulance was called.
As the monster chased granny brown across the room , the door bell rang , and granny mistakenly believed, the RSPCA  had arrived.

Now you might (lol),  think all this is farfetched but i warn you with all sincerity when 3d tv comes, chaos and disaster will permeate our homes,our lives and our sanity.
So i urge you all not to , under any circumstances , install 3d tv, or you will end up like me;awaiting admission to my local psychological facility.
You have been warned and you read it first on PN....... Smiley
68 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Grave danger awaits you and your family and your home

[me=adiewoo]throws his TV out of the window in a typical bashing style[/me]
Will Moderate For Thanks
jmd
Grafter

eeh, by gum. oldman that must hav bin a reel exciting outing! Crazy
SRD
Grafter

Thank god I neither have a telly nor go to the cinema, although MrsSRD enjoys her monthly outing to the village hall where a local venture provides screenings of films just out of major release.
Community Veteran

Just returned form the US where they have had 3D for a while now.  Talking to a salesman in Best Buy he said it is catching on slowly but the problem is the lack of programmes available in 3D at present.  More are needed before the public are willing to invest in the technology. The one thing that is good in 3D is sport and this is what is leading the sales at present.  The current trend in new TVs is LED and these seem to be selling in big numbers.
Community Veteran

Just to get my 1000th word in  Crazy
I can't see 3D really taking off until they sort out the glasses thing.  Can you really imagine buying a TV and then buying a dozen pairs of specs for when the family and friends drop round for an evening of Friends or House (or the latest DVD release)?
Then there are those folk unfortunate enough to wear specs anyway (I suppose Specsavers will be adding £D lenses)  Do you get those oversized ones to fit over your real glasses? What's next 3D contact lenses? It all sounds a bit silly.
LED TV now that's different story.
John
thisoldman
Grafter

and.........just imagine watching a 3d tv advert for PN, with all the staff throwing disused tickets at you. Smiley
WildRose52
Grafter

By the heck, I go out for a few hours, only to find that someone else has posted a
SCARY headline in my absence lol.
For a minute I thought I must have clicked on the wrong forum!
(joking by the way)    Grin
My best advise is :  dont go and see a naughty movie in 3D !!
Joking apart, I`m sure the masses will love 3D (just like they love everything else)
Anything that distracts them from real life.
I`m just glad I gave up watching TeLIEvision.
Thanks for posting the heads up.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I remember back in the 1970's watshing jaws wat was in 3D and the 3D made me sick.
WildRose52
Grafter

Samsung warns of dangers of 3D television
Samsung has issued a warning about the health risks of watching 3D television.
The world’s largest electronics firm has highlighted potential dangers the technology poses to pregnant women, the elderly, children and people with serious medical conditions.
The Korean manufacturer, whose 3D sets will hit British stores in the coming days, warned of an array of side effects viewers could suffer.
The devices could trigger epileptic fits or cause ailments ranging from altered vision and dizziness to nausea, cramps, convulsions and involuntary movements such as eye or muscle twitching, it said.
Those who have been deprived of sleep or who have been drinking alcohol are also advised to avoid watching 3D television.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7596241/Samsung-warns-of-dangers-of-3D-television.html

At least, and despite manufacturing them, they DO point out the potential dangers.
Should be fun for all those who sit drinking alcohol in front of the box then?
I dont imagine all that many in the world will listen, same as they dont regards the dangers of cell phones and WiFi.
IMHO, we`re heading for a generation of very sick people.    Now I wonder why?  No point my going there because Ive already posted links
about how many people are going to meet their fate.
Its very sad, very unfortunate, but when the many prefer gadgets to common sense, then what can anyone do other than try and point out
the dangers.

Community Veteran

Quote from: hulls
Just to get my 1000th word in  Crazy
I can't see 3D really taking off until they sort out the glasses thing.  Can you really imagine buying a TV and then buying a dozen pairs of specs for when the family and friends drop round for an evening of Friends or House (or the latest DVD release)?
John

The latest development in 3D does not require special glasses.  The effect is created in the screen. This technology is being developed at the moment.
Congratulations John on your 1000th post Smiley
Community Veteran

WildRose, this is an interesting and, in the case of the original post at least, funny thread – please don't dampen people's spirits with doom and gloom about health risks of our technological age.
Community Veteran

Why do you all get excited about the technology of HD and 3D etc,when the content available is shite.
What is the benefit of watching a TV talent contest in HD 3D?
Community Veteran

Thanks Artmo.
I was aware of the work going on with screens, and I suspect it's the way forward.  Another good reason not to buy a new 3D TV yet (remember betamax versus VHS)
As with most new technologies, there are at least 2 answers - VHS won over betamax, Blueray has beaten out the opposition, and now it's wait and see time for 3D. (presumably whichever technology is taken up by Sony on the PS5)  Wink
John
Community Veteran

John,
Picking up on one of your earlier comments I was looking at TV's in the High Street today.  You're right about LED they certainly are impressive but I'm not sure that the price differential is currently worth it.  I also looked at 2 LCD's one at 50 and one at 100 mhz next to each other.  Maybe I'm getting old but there was little to choose between the two - and they were showing football at the time Undecided