cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Govt, Ofcom & Telcos agree measures to support vulnerable customers during COVID-19 crisis

Champion
Fixes: 12

Govt, Ofcom & Telcos agree measures to support vulnerable customers during COVID-19 crisis

"The UK’s major internet service and mobile providers, namely BT/EE, Openreach, Virgin Media, Sky, TalkTalk, O2, Vodafone, Three, Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, and KCOM have all agreed the following commitments, effective immediately:

• All providers have committed to working with customers who find it difficult to pay their bill as a result of Covid-19 to ensure that they are treated fairly and appropriately supported.

• All providers will remove all data allowance caps on all current fixed broadband services.

• All providers have agreed to offer some new, generous mobile and landline packages to ensure people are connected and the most vulnerable continue to be supported. For example, some of these packages include data boosts at low prices and free calls from their landline or mobile.

• All providers will ensure that vulnerable customers or those self-isolating receive alternative methods of communication wherever possible if priority repairs to fixed broadband and landlines cannot be carried out.

These commitments are in addition to a range of supportive measures offered by the individual providers to their customers affected by circumstances arising from Covid-19."

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-agrees-measures-with-telecoms-companies-to-support-vul...

6 REPLIES 6
Grafter

Re: Govt, Ofcom & Telcos agree measures to support vulnerable customers during COVID-19 crisis

So how do Plusnet decide who is vulnerable?

Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Govt, Ofcom & Telcos agree measures to support vulnerable customers during COVID-19 crisis

Great for the vulnerable customers.

Friend of mine who isn't classed as old or vulnerable cant even get Sky or EE to speak to him due to Covid 19 affecting there respective call centres, he has only tried to contact them both to tell them he is moving house.
Hero
Fixes: 9

I'm starting to get the impression that companies are now using COVID-19 as an excuse for everything.

Seasoned Pro

Including putting prices UP.......

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I've no doubt that many unscrupulous companies will use this as an excuse to do many things that they wouldn't normally get away with.

It's one big hide the bad news opportunity that will go right to the top of the food chain.

Seasoned Pro

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

As this is not relevant to PN whose vulnerable customer policy appears to be pre Covid, I am not sure why I bothered to comment.  🙁