cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government visa rules 'license domestic slavery'

TORPC
Grafter

Government visa rules 'license domestic slavery'

[quote= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26769349]The government is "licensing modern slavery" with its visa rules for domestic workers, campaigners say.
Since April 2012 they have been tied to one employer upon entering the UK - meaning they cannot move jobs.
Charities say the rules must be reversed as they allow abusive employers to demand extremely long hours, and withhold pay and food.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Government visa rules 'license domestic slavery'

So, What`s new..... the conservatives have always done that to the workforce...... that is why the Labour Party and unions came into being....
All they have done is to "legalise" it for their own ends............ again.  Shocked
WTF
Grafter

The Tories attemp to out-UKIP UKIP again Roll eyes
Expect David Cameron to appear with fag and pint in hand at his next photo
(Let's hope someone explains to him that 'fag' does not mean 'young, abused minion'  in this context)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
So, What`s new..... the conservatives have always done that to the workforce...... that is why the Labour Party and unions came into being....
All they have done is to "legalise" it for their own ends............ again.  Shocked

Yeah must be said I'm sick of the tories too. I hated labour with a passion and the lib dems are utterly useless. The tories however have a very sick mentality when it comes to the classes and how to look after their own at the expense of others.
Anyway despite all that we should all remember.. we're all equal (but some are more equal than others).
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
but some are more equal than others

...........I know my place.