Did you mean: 

Government consultation on the NHS

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Government consultation on the NHS

Hi All
Just seen this:
Don't want the government to let the NHS die? Here's one crucial thing you can do right now
The government is setting out what it will tell the NHS to do for the next five years (the 'mandate') - and there are lots of worrying signals. Here's our response - you've 10 days if you'd like to respond, too.
You probably won’t have noticed, but you’ve got just ten days to comment on the only bit of democracy left in the NHS. It’s the NHS mandate – ie, what the government tells the NHS to do for the next 5 years.
Pretty important, huh?
Read More here

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Government consultation on the NHS

The Government produces documents that are flexible and generally vague as to be virtually worthless.
If recommendations are put foward by others it usually a case of we will take that into consideration which really means doing nothing.
Any questions on increased costs to patients is usually answered by, ' Individual health trusts with make decisions in the best interests of patients' in short blame the trust and not the government.
The Whole health system is in a complete mess, what you can or cannot get depends on where you live in the country, the service should be equal for all not some post code lottery.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Have you actually read the document
That headline is just total rubbish when compared to the actual document
nanotm
Pro

unfortunately the headline isn't far from the truth, without scrapping the overly expensive trust system, we had a relatively cheap inexpensive healthcare system before labour destroyed it with the eye on the price of total integration with the rest of the EU, currently its well down the road to full privatisation with the only "free service" being that they stabilise a life threatening condition and then swipe your insurance card or kick you out the door.... the document reads like a roadmap towards this eventuality albeit at a pace that each individual trust deems necessary to cover its costs..... and this is clearly being done as part of the roadmap to success for TTIP implementation process to limit the governments exposure to law suits for not allowing a US company to bid for running healthcare services in the UK...
the only real way to fix the problem is rip the system apart sack all the none medical management and non hospital admin staff rid the country of expensive trust boardrooms and return to the completely national system we had 30 years ago where provision of service only varied based on locality because of the numbers accessing the system at the time, certain features of the current system should be kept like choose and book, (allowing people to travel the length of the country for an appointment faster than locally available, or stay at the nearest clinic despite knowing you have a 21 week wait for a slot) /
I don't doubt that responding to the consultation is pointless but who knows they might read it and maybe even understand that more people want out of the EU and its path to complete corruption and destruction of everything british/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Oldjim
Have you actually read the document
That headline is just total rubbish when compared to the actual document

Quote from: nanotm
unfortunately the headline isn't far from the truth

I've not read it but I've known OJ long enough to trust that he speaks it as it is.
If he says it's rubbish, it's rubbish. Sorry nano..
What worries me more is that Jeremy Hunt has his hand in the NHS..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: 7up
I've not read it but I've known OJ long enough to trust that he speaks it as it is.
If he says it's rubbish, it's rubbish. Sorry nano..
What worries me more is that Jeremy Hunt has his hand in the NHS..

its entirely possible he was referring to the linked article rather than the document it was questioning,
here's a link to the .gov.pdf  https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/472043/final_consultation_... which is what I was referring to
if I made a mistake and crossed my wires then I'm sorry for the confusion, with respect to the nonsensical baloney linked to in the OP I'd agree its at least 50% rubbish and probably only has 10% that actually discusses this years consultation paper.
I would advise you take  read of both documents though one for the fit of giggles you'll suffer and the other so that you can be informed and do like I did and write them a polite tabulated email explaining that the NHS does not require any form or privatisation but instead a return to the Medical Supply Agency days and a scraping of the idea of thousands of individual trust groups (with associated scrapping of all those chief executives) and related quango's (like the 6+ stop smoking policy advice groups in every county) the more "normal" people who do that the more chance they will take notice and change the policy of stepping closer to full integration into Europe complete with Medicare setup and privatised healthcare provision in a effort to "save the healthcare for everyone" which it doesn't take a genius to realise the cost of running the NHS was grossly over inflated through adding in management and staffing agencies and shedding direct employed staff but retaining the pension provision for them even though they are self employed sub contractors to an employment agency ..... 
I can post a copy of my reply if you like, and if you agree with my point of view (take) on the matter you can just copy n paste it as the bulk of your own response Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you