Gotcha

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 02.57.14.jpg

10 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Gotcha

Deserves to have the book thrown at him.  Crazy3  

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

I don’t think there is an adult in the UK that doesn’t know there is a law regarding Drink and Driving. So you have to ask yourself what sort of person it is that does this. One that evidently cares only for themselves with no regard for others, or the potential of the consequences, both long and short term should anything go wrong.

It may sound over dramatic but what it the old man involved ended up with a broken hip. He’d need time in hospital and then months of care after he comes out ,all at cost to the tax payer and just because of one egocentric idiot!

Some people simply make the blood boil.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Careless wasters thats who.

I've known a few people who drink and drive, they are as you describe only caring about themselves. I personally couldn't do it and the few rare times i've had a drink while being a licensed driver, I've always removed the car key from my set of keys for 24 hours to avoid using the car out of habit. I put it away in a safe place and don't put it back on my keyring until the 2nd day after. With that said, I can only recall drinking three times in the last decade as i'm not really a fan of alcohol.

I've known others who think nothing of drink driving though. My old neighbour - a polish fella - was quite happy to do so and even used to take his SORN'd car to the corner shop while half drunk and stinking of booze. It hadn't been road legal for over a year, had no insurance, no tax, no MOT and he'd quite happily jump in it and drive to the local offy for more booze and fags. Ironically for all of his P taking, he now owns a house while we're stuck renting being law abiders. It seems that bad and selfish people always look out for and help each other much more than decent folk.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Mook wrote:

It may sound over dramatic but what it the old man involved ended up with a broken hip. He’d need time in hospital and then months of care after he comes out ,all at cost to the tax payer and just because of one egocentric idiot!

It seems to me that it's always the tax payer. Yes, we'd have to pay for his treatment etc. but turn the coin over...we'd have to pay to keep the pratt that did it in prison. Damned if we do, damned if we don't, it should be the idiot that did the damage that should pay.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
alanj
Grafter

wrote:

My old neighbour - a polish fella - 

Is his nationality relevant? Why include this ‘information’?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I know of two countries (who are in the EU), where if you get caught:

You get told to leave the vehicle on the roadside, go home and get a small fine.

You don't get banned from driving, and one of them doesn't even put points on your license. So you can pick the vehicle the next morning.

Not quite how it works here of course.

Community Veteran

wrote:

wrote:

My old neighbour - a polish fella - 

Is his nationality relevant? Why include this ‘information’?

Because they have another side to them that many of you don't see "at work".

Don't bother with any racism accusations, my partner is foreign.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 30

wrote by @7up

Because they have another side to them that many of you don't see "at work".

Don't bother with any racism accusations, my partner is foreign.

Just because your partner is ‘foreign’ does not preclude you from being racist. You have made quite a sweeping statement there, one that implies that all Polish residents / immigrants in the UK have a hidden agenda. It may be that your neighbour was up to no good, based on what you said above, but in this day and age you can’t say such things based on anecdotal evidence.

Community Veteran

I've PM'd you Mook. The other person in this thread I have not bothered with as I don't know them well enough.

Fixes: 142

Moderator's note:

Although this is in General Chat please keep this thread more on track regarding drink-driving rather than getting into a racist debate.

If you beleive any racist comments to have been made in these fora then use the Report to Moderator function where we will review the post(s) in question.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still