cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotcha Spammer!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Gotcha Spammer!

Cool, I've just blacklisted my first Spam caller with BT's CallProtect.  It's a free service from BT which allows customers to blacklist  unwanted callers. There's a web interface or you can do it from your plain old phone handset.  BT automatically blacklist common spam callers with this service.

No I wasn't interested in Cavity Insulation and we've told them before it's a TPS registered phone.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Gotcha Spammer!

How does it work?

Does this mean that those people fascinated by insulation will miss all their calls?

Community Veteran

BT are offering this free to people who rent their voice line from BT.  You have to request it.  After a call you can dial 1572 and blacklist the number which called you. There's also a web interface where you can manage the calls. It's called Call Protect.

Minivanman
Hero

All well and good, but bolted, stable, horse put in the right order might be more effective don't you think.

Time to wallop these spammers good and hard before they start trading and not introduce even more reactive technology surely. Why must the consumer of this sort of garbage always be the one to take on the responsibility and often at cost to themselves?

It's all a**e about face if you ask me. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Apparently two million people have signed up to bolt that door.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2017/04/2m_sign_up_to_bt_call_protect_to_block_nuisance_calls...

It's good that BT finally has done something positive for its customers without an extra charge.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Never mind about BT, what about PN customers ?

PN is owned by BT so do customers who rent their line from PN also have the same facility ?