Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an iPhone or Android Look Out!

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Got an iPhone or Android Look Out!

Hi All
Do you have/? an iPhone or Android if you do, do your self a favor and Read on!
[quote="Help Net Security"]
Counterclank: Info-stealing Trojan or advertising tool?
A couple of days ago, Symantec has warned about Counterclank, an Android Trojan that has been unknowingly installed by users on over five million devices.
This huge number was possible because the Trojan has been grafted onto a number of applications available for download on the official Android Market.
Having analyzed and recognized Counterclank as a variant of the Tonclank Android Trojan, the researchers have come to the conclusion that it has been created by the same developer - a company that distributes a software development kit (Apperhand) to third parties to help them monetize their applications, primarily through search.
Read More Here

[quote="Help Net Security"]
Compromised WordPress sites lead to Phoenix exploit kit
Several hundred compromised websites that at first glance don't appear to be malicious have been discovered by M86 researchers.
The websites - mostly blogs and small, private pages - use Wordpress 3.2.1 and have been uploaded with an HTML page which redirects the users via a hidden iFrame to a page hosting the Phoenix exploit kit.
"The content uploaded by the attacker is not part of the home page and will not show when users browse these websites. In fact, accessing any page on these compromised WordPress sites, other than the uploaded page, will not infect the user’s machine. " explained the researchers.
Read More Here

I am so glad that I do not have a iPhone or Android I would not have one free of charge.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Got an iPhone or Android Look Out!

Dang it! Why do people want complex mobile phones. My wife has poor vision so she just bought a Doro 610 (a story in itself!). Clear display and not too many whistles. £70 outright. Why buy a portable touch sensitive computer which merely feeds your internet addiction?
Harrumph!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Tesco are a simples £9.97 with a free choice of PAYG sim
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@pierre, Do you have a Link to the Phone ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Should be this one: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.212-5470.aspx you can also buy it instore and use an existing sim
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@walker23, Thank you for the Link.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Dang it! Why do people want complex mobile phones.

Peer pressure, keeping up with the Joneses?
These days I rarely see youngers 'phoning' anyone. They just seem to text.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Quote from: Mav
Quote from: AlaricAdair
Dang it! Why do people want complex mobile phones.

Peer pressure, keeping up with the Joneses?

Gadget freak? Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

If I could afford one, yeah I'd have a smart phone. I can think of loads of potential for them.
That said, my phone is a cheap samsung that cost me £15 from tesco. Weirdly its outlasted every other phone I'd had.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!