cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gordon's advisors

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Gordon's advisors

I admit to being a Daily Mail reader but, I'm not normally a fan of Richard Littlejohn, but he has a rather irreverent look at Gordon Brown and others in today's edition:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1215935/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-President-Brown-lost-big-time--...
Many a true word spoken in jest.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
11 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Gordon's advisors

I used to read LIttlejohn in The Sun (I don't read the Sun for the news, but if you read what the Sun says and then work out the total opposite, you get the truth) and I tended to agree with most of his comments, they were pretty funny.  Now they have some racist bloke who makes Jeremy Clarkson seem like the best friend of Greenpeace/Scotland/PETA who rants and raves and is the most disagreeable person ever.  Of course I read Clarkson on Saturdays and always agree with him!
Community Veteran

Petlew, read the Littlejohn article over here in the US.  Hilarious Smiley
Even more hilarious was the US TV coverage of the G20.  It was reported that Brown was desperate to get a private meeting with Obama which the White House refused to allow.  Eventually he got a face-to-face that lasted under 2 minutes.  It was reported that Brown was seen as 'yesterday's man' and one report even said 'dead man walking'.
How was the G20 covered back home?
Community Veteran

Well up until yesterday (Friday) you wouldn't think it was any more than a G2 (Brown and Obama) and some coverage of protesters.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

maybe, at last, the pollies will realise that we have no special relationship with america and stop toadying to their pollies.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
I admit to being a Daily Mail reader but, I'm not normally a fan of Richard Littlejohn, but he has a rather irreverent look at Gordon Brown and others in today's edition:
Many a true word spoken in jest.

I also read the Daily Mail - it is the most popular UK daily available here in the US.  I read an interesting article yesterday by Sir Christopher Meyers, our former Ambassador to the US:
http://tinyurl.com/y9phgsw
Community Veteran

Uhmm! interesting and quite subjective article, but nothing that wasn't already known. Obama has been in some sort of trouble practically from day 2. What he doesn't need is a hyper-child tantrum from Brown (if its true) getting in the way. Photo-calls are one thing, serious discussions behind closed doors are another.
Speaking of photo-calls, it was noticeable that Gordon was relegated to the middle row of G20 reps at the closing group photo, chatting animatedly to the German lady er! what's-her-name?

Community Veteran

Her name is Angela Merkel I think.  I also noticed she didn't appear very prominent in the discussions.  The french guy was up there - maybe Obama fancied his wife Wink
Community Veteran

Well he certainly seemed to be devoting a lot of attention on Mrs Brown.
Wouldn't like to tangle with Michelle Obama though...Hell hath no fury and all that!!

Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Angela Merkel

The most powerful woman in the world!  Wink
Community Veteran

Really? I always thought it was Harriot Harman, or at least she thinks so!!

Community Veteran

Poor old Hattie Harperson - only she takes herself seriously  Wink Wink