cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Googles Claim to be super fast, IE to be the best yet??

zedingrove
Grafter

Googles Claim to be super fast, IE to be the best yet??

Have started some threads on browsers etc. and once I thought google was the bees knees
Then IE9 thought wow it's quick, but was told it is because IE9 is resident within windows
Now Mozilla Firefox not so long ago took a life time to open, even V12 was not so hot, then came 13 and it got quicker
Now at 13.0.1 not only does it load in Millie seconds every page loads faster, no probs with flash....
There is only one real negative and that is full customization, though this is far better than IE
6 REPLIES
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Googles Claim to be super fast, IE to be the best yet??

Well no-one is going to claim to be the slowest.  Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

To me it doesn;t matter how fast a browser is, it's how much memory it does/doesn't leak.
Firefox has been known for years to leak it yet its sister browser seamonkey leaks a lot less and thats the one I use.
Chrome was bad, IE crashes frequently etc. (Leave the etc. in the other thread before anyone says it  Wink)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
zedingrove
Grafter

The memory leakage have found only really sets in when you have more than one browser window open with more than 6 tabs between them....
But hold on to hat cos Firefox Nightly (though still in beta) addresses this and will only drop out after more than double of firefox and a lot less memory.
Would not recommend to use yet, unless like me "to go where no surfer has been before!"
Cheesy
Community Veteran

Been using FF v3.6 for years but as that is to be no longer supported I thought I would grudgingly update. Latest FF didn't like it as it seems to be going the way of a lot of programs in taking decision making away from the user. Tried Chrome and it seemed fast but there isn't exactly much there to slow it down.
In the end I tried and now use Pale Moon (an optimised FF). Ticks all the boxes and works for me.
pleasenlighten
Grafter

"load in Millie seconds every page"
Hi Zedingrove
How doyou manage to measure your millies?
Huh
zedingrove
Grafter

Just the same way in athletics, have stop watch in one hand and mouse in other...
Click on both at same time and "Viola".... Cool