cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google street view goes nearly ever where

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Google street view goes nearly ever where

last week went to look at Llyn Teifi  as on Google maps  Llyn Teifi Ystrad Fflur, Ceredigion SY25 6

find Strata Florida then go north to Ystradmeurig, that is he start of the road, there are no house on the last four miles, just marvelous views and a roller coaster road with Google street view
yet they havnt got my town road on it
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Google street view goes nearly ever where

Google Street View boldly goes where no man has gone........before Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Next time I`m in the area........ that is definitely one of the roads I am going to travel.... looks really interesting....(just hope I don`t meet any bikers coming the other way).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

only thing I saw was a 4x4 with sheep trailer, the road at the end of the Tamac is very rough and only suitable for trials bikes, we were stopped looking at scenery, went to move off a a car was driving away, dont now where he turned round
there are a lot of absolute blind crests, inch forward at slow speed to see where the road goes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Didn`t check the "street view" version,,,.... but the "satellite" map shows a road going quite a long way around a couple of reservoirs towards the south east ... will check it out with my trusty Skoda,  Cheesy
Just done a check with "street view", and looks like they "chickened out"  between the two reservoirs/lakes for about a couple of miles.... so "on site" viewing is a MUST for me......!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

this is from my GPS tracker of the days trip, starting from Cardigan, showing the road up to the end from the main road bit, note the altitude track at the bottom
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Pierre_Pierre wasn't It you that brought this up before? Google ST. view In Antarctica? Penguins?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

i remember it but dont think I posted it
the OS map  http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/opendata/viewer/  shows the Tarmac road at medium scale, see below, zoom in and it show two more track that are loose gravel. my old printed map show the other track going over to the Claerwen Resrervour