cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Adsense

Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Google Adsense

Does anoyone on the forum use this ?  just wonder if it is any good... How are the payments made to you?  does it detract from your own website/blog?  and any other stuff you may like to share about it`s operation for you ?

( mods note.... put this on chat for discussion, rather than on Tech board, cos there is no problem with it regarding software, use, or whatever. )

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Google Adsense

I do, it's okay, payment is made by BACS transfer at a £60 threshold, detractions are the ads on the site (not that my site ever gets any traffic cos I never bothered to do anything with it), and it's not a great way to make money unless you run a lot of sites with ads, or are a big youtuber making bank... Smiley

Community Veteran

Thanks for the reply.... so if payment is made via BACS then google has your bank details ?  so a chance that they could get "scooped"... seeing as how Facebook and other "public accessibles" get shafted...

Just wondering cos here is the stats from one of my Blogs.   Its been running about 3 years now...I do keep it updated when I find out new information, or something needs "correcting"..

and often check the stats, just out of interest to see who and where is looking at it..

dunno if they would click on ads or not...

Pageviews today
Pageviews yesterday
Pageviews last month
Pageviews all time history

Community Veteran

Yeah, they have my bank details to deposit money in, but as to whether or not they end up getting the data stolen, well, who knows!!

As for your site, you'd probably earn a little money (by little I mean less than a quid probably) a month by adding some Adsense adverts on there, as even if they don't click, the page impressions (as in, just being displayed when someone loads up the page) still pay a little cash...

Community Veteran

OK... thanks for that.... and for your "insight" into the likelihood of being (un)rich .... by what you say, it will be 5 years before I get to £60  ! !   so don`t think I`ll bother...

Ads on sites I visit annoy me, so I`ll leave them off my blog and keep my viewers happy .... I hope ! ! !

cheersWink

Community Veteran

Yeah, the age of "get rich quick with Google!" has long since passed, hence why so many youtubers (including myself) have Patreon accounts, not that anyone's donated anything to me, cos I'm just not big enough... Grin