cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye, Goodbye

Community Veteran

Goodbye, Goodbye

The actor Gordon Kaye has died aged 75. He was best known as Rene in the situation comedy ' Allo 'Allo' one of  the best comedies ever.

Gordon Kaye

8 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Goodbye, Goodbye

Shocked Cry

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Sad to hear, but one of the best comedies ever?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Minivanman wrote:

one of the best comedies ever?

One of, that is, one of many great comedies, nothing beats Monty Python... Smiley

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Listen carefully, I shall say zis only wuns:  'Allo ' Allo! ranks among the great comedies of the last few decades of the 20th century.  You can tell it's good when it's still enjoyed by today's youngsters.

It was reported some years ago that a German TV station was going to dub it into German for their market.  How one dubs an English policeman speaking dodgy French into German I do not know.

RIP Gorden

P.S. Has anyone seen the painting of the Madonna with the big boobies?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

The great ones knew when to call it a day and before they went sour. Hi-di-Hi was another one that went on too long. Fawlty Towers anyone?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 125

I remember Gordon Kaye received serious head injuries in the notorious 'hurricane' of 1987 and, for a while, it was thought he would never work again.

Jonpe wrote:
P.S. Has anyone seen the painting of the Madonna with the big boobies?

Wasn't it the Fallen Madonna?

twocvbloke wrote:

One of, that is, one of many great comedies, nothing beats Monty Python... Smiley

I played the Argument sketch to a friend who had never heard of Monty Python. She nearly fell over laughing so muchFunny

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

One thing I recall from an interview with the Pythons is they wanted to create comedy that not only broke the mould, but could also never be given a label, and they were disappointed they failed at that task, because their style was labelled as "Pythonesque"... Funny

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

@Mav  The fallen madonna gives you over four times as many hits on Google, and I suppose if she was modelling with her boobies out she was 'fallen', although if she'd fallen on her front, the fall would have been somewhat cushioned.

According to Wikipedia it was in the 1990 storm that Gorden sustained his serious head injury (so we can't blame Michael Fish for this one).