cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good honest broadband from Yorkshire: So be sure to check your emails 100%!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Good honest broadband from Yorkshire: So be sure to check your emails 100%!

Guys,
PN have pulled a sneaky and sent an email advising of a price increase started with 2 adverts.
The details of the price increase were missed because the email started with advertising. Naturally after a busy day things like reading adverts are not important and so the rest is skipped.
So.. I would like to ask you the question above please.
Clearly there is some error on our part legally speaking however I feel that for a company that claim they offer "Good honest broadband from Yorkshire" this "Important information" should of been placed directly at the top of the email not under a load of junk advertising. I feel that hiding this information below advertising is dishonest.
Thank you.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
32 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Good honest broadband from Yorkshire: So be sure to check your emails 100%!

Haven`t got the email yet....... but .... will certainly be looking carefully to see if there is a claim for "trading standards" to be involved.... if I receive it....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

suggest you look here
Quote from: pierre_pierre
found it go to this page https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search&view_by=custom&from=01%2F12%2F10&to=12%2F12%2F10&x=19&y=12  set the date range to first week last December  then view
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The link takes me to the login page, and then to "help assistant"....    Roll eyes
  So can`t see what that has to do with the OP.  Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Because he was told about the increase last December and it has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91211.0.html
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and Shutter said he hadnt had the e-mail either
Community Veteran

/Ignores OldJim for locking his other topic which directly required a reply from PN and therefore blocking a consumers legal right to try to resolve an issue before getting Ofcom involved.
@everyone else: Interesting, 4 votes and all of them say you'd delete it. Not one reply yet saying that they would read it all 100% word for word.
Community Veteran

/ignores okrzynska for not realising this isn't a support route and the official complaint procedure is given here http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Fixes: 125

Not sure if I received that email as the link posted here by pierre doesn't show it. I, too, just deleted what I saw as adverts and not a change to my Unlimited price.
Surely, a direct email with a header something like 'Please note the forthcoming price change to your broadband' would make it more obvious.
When I notice my latest bill being higher I just assumed it was because of this reply from Jojo in my thread. Looks like I'm gonna get another rise sometime soon Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Surely, a direct email with a header something like 'Please note the forthcoming price change to your broadband' would make it more obvious.

You would think so wouldn't you. The way they've constructed the email is deliberate to let it slip through with minimal fuss.
Look at this screenshot I took of the email:

You can clearly see how they've constructed it to start with the 'friendly' advertising to keep the tone sweet while completely boring the customer who has just read that its got something important in it. You start reading the first paragraph and then just switch off and decide its junk mail and thus click onto your next email.
PLUSNET: If ifs that important you put it at the top where it will be noticed.
Again, this looks like another case of PN mishandling the bandwidth like years ago so they're trying to cost us more. BT were famed for this.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

What a load of absolute Tosh, No business or company Is going to advertise In big letters small changes, Almost every company advertises changes the way plusnet has.
Edit, Every company advertises Important changes In small print, Surely we all know this by now, Its all In the small print, No matter how you may think Its disguised, Tis the way of running business.
Community Veteran

I am not on unlimited so my email is different but here it is without any enhancements
Not exactly difficult to read is it - note the bit at the top - Important information about your Plusnet service.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
What a load of absolute Tosh, No business or company Is going to advertise In big letters small changes, Almost every company advertises changes the way plusnet has.
Edit, Every company advertises Important changes In small print, Surely we all know this by now, Its all In the small print, No matter how you may think Its disguised, Tis the way of running business.

But this is supposedly "Good honest broadband from Yorkshire". Not so good or honest are they when they hide behind sneaky tactics like small print. If that is truly a load of tosh then you need to think about your definition of honest. It isn't good, it's an old trick and it isn't honest.
@Steve M: So far the poll proves you wrong. At this moment in time there is 1 vote saying that they read every last word of every email. The other 8 clearly voted that they would delete the email. As I've already pointed out they start by saying it contains important information and THEN go on to try and sell you their other packages. If you're happy with what you've already got then why would you continue to read further? - Go on, tell me!
I don't think either of you can argue successfully against those kind of results.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I voted to read It all, It states Important Information, The first place I look Is the small print, Its not hidden at all, Its there for you clear as day!!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Steve
I voted to read It all

I figured it must be you.