Did you mean: 

Good by Sarah Jane

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Good by Sarah Jane

Hi All
Some sad news, Dr. Who fans.
Elisabeth Sladen, better known as Sarah Jane Smith, has passed away on the 19th Apr 2011 at age 63.
R.I.P.  Sarah Jane Smith

From the BBC
[quote="Elisabeth Sladen"]
It is with much sadness that we can announce Elisabeth Sladen, the much-loved actress best known for her role as Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and CBBC's The Sarah Jane Adventures, passed away this morning. She was 63.
Lis first appeared as Sarah Jane in Doctor Who in 1973 alongside the Third Doctor Jon Pertwee and stayed for three and half seasons working alongside Jon and the Fourth Doctor Tom Baker. She returned to the role on numerous occasions over the years and, in 2007, was given her own spin-off series on CBBC - The Sarah Jane Adventures - where she would appear alongside new Doctors David Tennant and Matt Smith.
Read more here

and
[quote="Doctor Who actress Elisabeth Sladen dies"]
Doctor Who star Elisabeth Sladen, who was also in spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died aged 63.
Sladen appeared as Doctor Who assistant Sarah Jane Smith in the BBC television sci-fi series between 1973 and 1976, opposite Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.
The Liverpool-born actress appeared in four series from 2007 of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.
Sladen had been battling cancer for some time and leaves actor husband Brian Miller and daughter Sadie.
Read more here
16 REPLIES
Fixes: 121

Re: Good by Sarah Jane

She was one of the better of the Doctor's assistants.
Sad, indeed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pierre_pierre
Grafter

not clear from the first post it was first announced on 20th April
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@pierre, It was first announced on 19th Apr 2011
@Mav, Your right there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
She was one of the better of the Doctor's assistants.

I'm too young to remember the previous Dr who shows but i must say that the current Amelia Pond character is very satisfying Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Amelia Pond suks, and this Dr. is no where nere as good as david tennant, the quicker they kill him off the better.
Community Veteran

So young as well.

Quote from: Midnight
...and this Dr. is no where nere as good as david tennant, the quicker they kill him off the better.

I agree with that, although I do like Amelia.
I think we were spoilt with Tennant. I must say that the two doctors I liked previously were Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.
I don't like the direction Stephen Moffat is taking this Doctor and not sure regarding the storyline between the Doctor & River Song - Are they lovers, related? Prefer the Doctor to be the loner he always was.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Must be said i did like Tennant more than the Dr before him (Ecclestone was it?) who seemed very serious about everything.
Didn't like Matt Smith to start with, his face seemed a bit odd along with the dress sense but now i've drawn the conclusion that he's actually the best of the 3 so far. I actually really like him as the doctor now - he's quirky, wacky, has a serious side etc. I'll be sad to see this version of the Dr die.
I didn't like Billy Piper in the show though. I do like Pond although i do think she gets dragged into the plots a bit to much as they all seem to revolve around her somehow. The last series was unbeatable.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

William Hartnell was the best Dr.

I didn't like Matt Smith in his debut episode but warmed to him by the end of the last series.
But this series I find I just can't take him seriously.
Also, not too keen on Rory - get rid of him.
I wasn't too keen on Ecclestone - just didn't seem to fit into the role.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Ecclestone is live on BBC one show now, currently our Enry
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
Also, not too keen on Rory - get rid of him.

Ditto. This whole doubt over his relationship with Amy is doing my head in. It's in every other episode and frankly its annoying.
That said, interesting end to the last episode. The Dr scanned Pond to see if she was preggas and it was both positive and negative. Then they show the girl regenerating as a timelord does.. all this after Pond has revealed she thought she was pregnant but now isn't.
Doctor been a naughty boy?
Changing the subject slightly, the last series was clever. The Doctor vanished out of existence into that crack thing to seal it and was only saved by Ponds memories of him and basically forcing the universe to recreate him in order to preserve the memories. Now if River is travelling in the reverse direction of the Doctors timeline then maybe that 'recreation' of the Doctor and tardis by Pond was actually the cause of the universal crack?
Community Veteran

Quote from: okrzynska
Didn't like Matt Smith to start with,

Don't mind Matt Smith, but he seems to speak too fast, whereas Tennant and Ecclestone spoke slower and clearer or repeated what they said.
Think the new program director  (Steven Moffat) has a different agenda making the plot and the scripts over complex (this last episode too many bits were left hanging, skin drawn characters, from the Satans Pit perhaps, The Silence, the Ood like characters (from the Tennant series) are just too Ood like, or almost facially like the Cybermen (coincidence). Who or what was the young girl doing at the end when she regenerated (return of the Master perhaps or possibly as River Song who it will transpire to be the daughter of Rory/Amy/Dr).
I’m confused
Steven Moffat  is a good writer (Blink was a classic), but I think he has miss-judged his audience, aimed more at Adults and less at children
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

This pregnancy thing might be a tricky for the script-writer to handle in a semi-children's hour programme.
Will it involve "The Stork" as an ally?