cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good TV Shows

Glenn
Grafter

Good TV Shows

I just recently watched the first 2 seasons of the new sc-fi show Continuum.It's set in 2077 when corporations have replaced governments and there's no freedom of speech or freedom of assembly and no right to vote.People are wage slaves and they have to pay back their personal debt and if they default it's hard labour for life.
A few rebels of this regime go back in time to our present day in the hopes of preventing this fascist future from happening and they are chased by a corporate cop from 2077.
It's a brilliant show...it's set in Vancouver and the script is brilliant and the action and acting are top notch.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/
Anyone else watched it ?  Smiley
279 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Good TV Shows

I have the first series but I haven't got around to watching it yet.
I watched the first episode of the dome the other night. but I couldn't help thinking as I watched it, Jericho.
Glenn
Grafter

I liked Jericho, I didn't know about The Dome...I'll have to check it out.  Smiley
Fixes: 125

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched the first episode of Continuum. Very interesting and has already got me hooked.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sarahjmack01
Dabbler

I loved series/season 1 of Continuum and had recorded all of series 2 but I wanted to watch them all together as I feel there is nothing worse than having to wait a week to find out what's going to happen next lol.
I managed to watch them all at the weekend.  I even watched the last episode a second time just to make sure I didn't miss anything - and yes, I managed to miss one BIG thing the first time round lol.  I'll not say what it is as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet  Lips are sealed
It is a very enjoyable programme and is definitely worth watching. 
It also makes you wonder if it could become reality with all the leaps and bounds in technology.
Glenn
Grafter

@ Mav...You're welcome mate, I was hooked straight away too and it just keeps getting better  Smiley
@ sarahjmack01...I'm the same, I love a good 1 or 2 season marathon lol...although that took serious patience to wait til you got all of season 2 before watching them...I might've had a peek   Smiley
I'll definitely be giving it another watch before season 3 it's that good, in June they announced that it got renewed for a 3rd season by Showcase...yay  Cheesy
The technology of the future in the show and time travel really do get you wondering, about things like the grandfather paradox ...love it.
Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

From comments elsewhere this should be a really short thread  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I have the first season to watch. We watched the first episode but SWMBO didn't like it so I just have to watch it myself, and I am not much of a telly addict so rarely watch TV, but I will get there in the end, along with Vexed and Yes (Prime) Minister series.
Current series we do like include, Castle 2009, Suits, Dark Blue and Breaking Bad (just started S1)
And the old favourite (2nd time round) Stargate SG1
Glenn
Grafter

I haven't heard of Vexed, Suits or Dark Blue, need to check them out, I don't watch tv myself, just get everything online these days.
I have all 10 seasons of Stargate SG1 and watch it every year, I have all seasons of Stargate Atlantis as well as The X-Files, The Lone Gunmen and Babylon 5 plus the movies.  Cheesy

Another show I recently watched was the first season of Revolution, it's absolutely brilliant.
After a world wide blackout when all electrical equipment ceases to work the U.S government has fallen, a tyrannical power replaces it and a group of people fight back.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070791/
I loved it and was completely hooked and on the edge of my seat, I watched all of the first season in a few days and can't wait for season 2 which starts next month.
 Smiley
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Glenn
Another show I recently watched was the first season of Revolution, it's absolutely brilliant.

I enjoyed it, too, but full of plot holes. Even so, looking forward to series 2 which is due, I think, in the autumn.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Not a sifi series as such but one we have enjoyed over the years was JAG, about US Naval lawyers.
Will check out Revolution
Community Veteran

I have watched a few JAG episodes and the NCIS spin off ones.
I wasn't surprised that agent Blackadder never made it to NCIS proper.
Razer
Grafter

Not watching television I do now seem to miss out on a lot of serial sci-fi. I just have to make-do with my DVD/Blurays of Babylon 5, Farscape & Battlestar Galactica. I'll have to take a look and see if there is anything of this Continuum on youtube. I really like the sound of it because I do tend to love dystopian stuff.
sarahjmack01
Dabbler

@ sarahjmack01...I'm the same, I love a good 1 or 2 season marathon lol...although that took serious patience to wait til you got all of season 2 before watching them...I might've had a peek   Smiley

I had so many other things to watch which stopped me from 'peeking' lol.  Like you, I also have Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis (not SG Universe - couldn't get into it, it just seemed too dark and serious), X-Files, Star Trek Voyager and a few others.
I also like crime/cop shows like NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii 50, Castle, Body of Proof Rizzoli & Isles (I was determined to hate it with Angie Harmon playing Rizzoli - she is nothing like the character in the books, neither is Sasha Alexander like Maura Isles either, but I do like it and don't associate it with the books at all).
Revolution is good as well - I watched that several episodes at a time (I love my Sky+ box lol - it also great for fast forwarding through all those annoying adverts  Crazy ). 
Defiance is another good show - set in the future with aliens Smiley
My most favourite show at the moment is Person of Interest.  After 911, a man builds a 'machine' which looks for terrorist threats by listening to phone conversations, watching CCTV and scanning the internet, but it also produces a list of 'non-relevant' threats which is where our heroes come in. 
And when I'm not watching the TV or DVDs, I read books - usually get through 2-3 a week on my e-reader.
Gosh, reading back through all of that, I really think I need to get a life lol
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

set in 2077 when corporations have replaced governments and there's no freedom of speech or freedom of assembly and no right to vote.People are wage slaves and they have to pay back their personal debt and if they default it's hard labour for life.

Gotta be honest, it sounds just like the way life is today with the exception of the government. Personal debt seems to be 'assigned' these days. When you're in the **** you're forced into debt to survive and then you're guilty for that  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!