cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Saving!!

Community Veteran

Good Saving!!

it's always nice to save some money  Smiley  Next month I am going to Spain for a few weeks and  I booked a car costing me 228 euros for 2 weeks. I have just been to the car rental company website again and put my info in again and came up with a new price of 128 euros for the same car and dates.  A nice saving!  The same thing happened last year so it's always worth checking these things out. Grin Grin
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Good Saving!!

Ah yes !  But now comes the problem !!  Huh
Do you book it now, at the current price, or gamble on the price dropping further, and booking later? Hmm! Cheesy
Community Veteran

No problem.  Confirmed my booking but  I pay when I arrive.  This will let me see if I can squeeze a few extra euros out of them nearer the date.  Since first posting I have found another company offering 121 but I'm not changing firms for a few euros.  I'll be able to enjoy an extra few bottles of Rioja with my saving Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Up to the minute exchange rates here...

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Community Veteran

Dare I look!!  last year I was getting around 1.45 to the £. Thank you Gordon Brown, thank you very much.  Talk about prudence  Angry
On a serious note I have a lot of friends living in Spain and surviving on UK pensions. They are finding things very tight with the exchange rate as it is.