cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Postal Service......again

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Good Postal Service......again

Also in rural areas that are far away from the sorting office the mail is delivered to large boxes on the roadside which the postie collects from and then starts his round.
Highlighted
Fixes: 458

My post used to come around 11am giving me the afternoon to go out if I was expecting something.
Now it's any time between 1pm and 4pm...but could be earlier Undecided
Still, when the parcel carriers give a delivery slot of 8am to 6pm I suppose it's not too bad.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@Strat I have the same troubles as you with mail going missing some of which were rather Important documents. I have thought about getting a PO box but Its not cheap and comes with some downsides. I am also sick to my back teeth of complaining to RM and nothing being done about It.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Highlighted
Grafter

I blame the planners for having xyz  close, crescent, drive all coming off the xyz road. I've been caught out a couple of times.
As for house names I ban these in favour of a unique numbering system which has to built into the house, and wall/kerb.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Good point itsme.  So many similar names to get confused with.  All names have to be approved by the local authority so they must be held responsible.
Highlighted
Grafter

Until I started working as a courier, I didn't realise how difficult it can be finding addresses.
If you own a car legally need a number plate displayed correctly, why isn't it the same for a building?
Then there are the tiny name plates behind a bush.
The amount of times I have said to a householder 'Finding your address could be so much easier if you had a name sign I could see from the road'  Just for them to reply 'Well everybody knows me, besides you found me didn't you?'
Yes I did, after 20 minutes looking, making me late for the next few deliveries.