Did you mean: 

Good Housekeeping

Fixes: 196

Re: Good Housekeeping

Quote from: Petlew
Quote from: Mav
We seem to have a big white machine in the bathroom

Ooop's!! highly illegal Shocked

Actually this is the second property where we've had to place the washing machine in the bathroom. The first being a 1 bed flat and the only space was in the bathroom. A hole was drilled into the kitchen and the machine plugged into the mains there. All the plumbing for it was in the bathroom, anyway.
Where we are now there is a large cupboard in the bathroom which contains the boiler and all the plumbing for the Washing machine. There's plenty of room for it and works well with plenty of ventilation.
Quote from: Strat
When I was a lad we bathed in the same room as the cooker (a Yorkshire Range). It was a galvanised steel bath.

Oh yes, till I was 8 we had one of those galvanised baths. It hung in the garden till required. Took many kettles of water to fill it. We, too, all bathed in the kitchen. Then we moved to a palace that had hot/cold running water, separate bathroom/toilet and I had my own bedroom with built-in wardrobe Cool. I say palace, a three bed council house in Lewisham Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The burning question is; when hanging socks on the washing line do you, hang by the toe or the heel?

Washing socks? What? Wear them once then throw them away.  Wink
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

At the least every six months...whether they need to be changed or not..
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Noticed recently that some youngsters don't even appear to wear socks with their coloured plimsoles or training shoes.
I hang my socks by their tops, not by the toe or heel, it seems better for them to be the right way up.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Mine just go over the clothes horse in my front room.
So mine "rest" on their middles.
Community Veteran

I hang mine by the toes.
There is a guy living near by who suffers with OCD. He is meticulous when hanging his socks, sometimes rearranging them a number of times before he is satisfied.They must hang in their pairs and all adjusted to exactly the same length Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

At the least every six months...whether they need to be changed or not..

Significantly less in this hot weather in my experience/opinion (though possibly longer in the winter as long as you don't have holes in your shoes letting water in).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Quote from: AlaricAdair

Washing socks? What? Wear them once then throw them away.  Wink

what a waste... Shocked

.First week....wear them "normal side out"....... then... .. turn them inside out..... for the second week....  then change them "foot for foot " for the third week...  THEN... chuck em away !...  Cheesy
Fixes: 102

Same situation with under pants as regards turning them inside out..

Customer and Forum Moderator.

nanotm
Pro

don't forget to recycle the used pants as a night cap in the winter as well  Crazy
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 102

I cement them to the top of the garden wall. It keeps burglars out.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

nanotm
Pro

luckily I'm not old enough for that to work Cheesy
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you