cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good God!

thisoldman
Grafter

Good God!

A 5 year old  irish boy has been awarded 7500 Euros for hurt feelings.LIDL had accused him of shoplifting.

Gee he must have been reading freudian psychology since he was born.
What the heck would a 5yr old know about hurt feelings and  deprecation of the "self ego"
Can you imagine him telling the judge    "  since the incident, I have been experiencing  deep sublimal anger and  engasging in  counter transference behaviours towards my family. I have also suffered post traumatic stress disorder resulting in my wetting my bed at night and a reduced libido"
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Good God!

Many can't count or, punctuate a simple piece of English, but, I bet there are a few around who could easily fool some of our noble judiciary.
Something about link:censored baffles brains, springs to mind.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): have censored the evasion of the swear word filter.]
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Denzil
Grafter

The BBC reported it as an Irish lad and 7500 Euros.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10785859
Bit daft either way.
thisoldman
Grafter

thanks denzil    im still suffering from the  shock of not being able to connect to plus net today Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Be3G, I knew you would, but I couldn't think of a way round what is otherwise a very well known phrase.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
thisoldman
Grafter

just make a typo pet. people will know what you meant .
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats the trouble Be noticed it
but here is another bit of news to help out  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10780480
alanb
Grafter

The link Denzil posted reports that the 7,500 includes costs, so legal bills might take a big chunk of that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Being Irish...... he must be full of the blarney !... and made good use of it too...
(Thinks.... I shop at Lidl..... wonder if I can get compensation for not being accused of shop lifting.... ) Roll eyes