cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Deal or no Deal

Highlighted
Pro
Posts: 1,211
Thanks: 193
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎11-01-2008

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@shutter wrote:

@maranello   Hardly "hi-jacking" the O.P. thread, when I am supporting him..( as you can see from his post below yours)..

The o.p. has problems that are bigger than yours, obviously... and his "preferred method" of contacting Plusnet regarding his service, has been removed, my personal situation is not as bad as the O.P. but it becomes just as bad when trying to access customer services easily.

SO ... it is not MY message.... it is the message from ALL disabled customers who are being discriminated against by PlusNet management decision to close LIVE CHAT. I just happen to be the voice proclaiming the message..

@shutter  I'm not going to argue with you over whose interpretation of @arjay 's original and subsequent posts is the more accurate. I'll accept that we each have a different view. 

In terms of discrimination, I find it hard to link the removal of live chat to any discrimatory action when the alternative to live chat is right here on this forum. If you search you will find many examples where issues have been resolved on the forum that were raised because of customers being unable to get resolution on the chat facility. @JonoH  has outlined how the forum has been enhanced to improve the experience and compensate for the removal of chat and the ability for customers to raise questions/tickets. Whilst it is not a perfect solution is still does not class as discriminatory, in my opinion, but I accept that you see it differently. I do genuinely have sympathy for you and others who have hearing difficulties, as I work closely with someone who is profoundly deaf.

But if you want to know what discrimination really feels like, try growing up as a mixed race kid and surviving in an inner city school in the 60s/70s

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 1,365
Fixes: 32
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@arjay wrote:

@shutter wrote:

@Gandalf  Please take note of this posting... and pass  on to the hierarchy concerned


 

Hopefully someone will come up with selling BB on a flat playing field, it will be goodbye plusnet and the ilk with how many out more of work


And then you will have to pay whatever that monopoly supplier decides - or go without.

John
Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@Minivanman wrote:

"Now, are you telling me that's not worth twenty shekels?" 😵


Shalom Minivanman Cool_smiley

Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@jab1 wrote:


And then you will have to pay whatever that monopoly supplier decides - or go without.


So your suggesting that other entrepreneurs won’t recognise a good thing and we’ll be left without a choice

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 1,365
Fixes: 32
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@Minivanman wrote:

Not at all, all I am suggesting is that essential services should not be subject to market forces and that prices should be controlled and even dare I say it, subsidised in some cases.

Happy to haggle the price of spuds or even shop around for the cheapest television!


I see your point, @Minivanman , but taking 'essential services' - whichever you see them as being, back to state control risks, IMO, a return to the days of GPO Telephones - 'Oh, you need a landline installing on an urgent basis - well, we might get round to it in 10 weeks - if you're lucky'. This was my experience when I tried to get a line for my grandparents when my gran developed Alzheimer's and her husband decided to care for her at home, but needed a quick way to summon help if he needed it.

I sorted it in 4 weeks, but only because I refused to accept the situation, and banged a few heads.

John
Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 1,365
Fixes: 32
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@arjay wrote:

@jab1 wrote:


And then you will have to pay whatever that monopoly supplier decides - or go without.


So your suggesting that other entrepreneurs won’t recognise a good thing and we’ll be left without a choice


No - because as soon as you get more than one player in the field, you will be back to 'introductory offers' in an attempt to increase market share.

John
Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@jab1 wrote:

I sorted it in 4 weeks, but only because I refused to accept the situation, and banged a few heads.


You saw something wrong and you did something about it, well done 👍

All I’m trying to do is bang a few heads in a illustrative sense 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,769
Thanks: 2,580
Fixes: 38
Registered: ‎06-11-2007

Re: Good Deal or no Deal

@maranello  The discrimination, against Deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired customers, is due to the fact, that  with LIVE CHAT... they could easily access customer services to chat DIRECT to the guy, ask questions, and resolve issues on a "one to one" basis... this is how "normal" customers engage with customer services using a telephone.

When a contract is up for renewal... it was easy to get on to Live Chat, type in the questions, work out the answers, etc on a keyboard , and eventually close the deal on a "one to one" basis.

Plusnet, Have closed LIVE CHAT... they say that we ( disabled as mentioned) customers, must use the telephone  or a system called NGT... to re-negotiate a new contract.

Many disabled customerss could quite easily get to grips with the LIVE CHAT system...it was "there".. it was easy to use... and it worked for all of us...( able customers as well )

The NGT system... in case you do not know.... requires the disabled ( old age, non-computer savvy ) customers to download and install a third part program... then they have to "configure" that program for their use...
When the disabled customer comes to use it.... he/she... has to choose, in advance, one of several different ways ot "talking" to the intermediary/interpreter... Once this has been established in the configurations.. and the call is put through ...  the disabled customer tells the interpreter what he wants to tell the customer service person.... the interpreter ...the SPEAKS to the customer service person... HOPEFULLY RELAYING verbatim what the customer has said....the interpreter, then listens to what the customer service person says. and types a reply to the disabled customer.... repeat this process for however many times you need to re-negotiate a contract and keep a track of what has been said... what has NOT been said.. and then.... the disabled customer has to follow all of that..

 

Normal hearing customers DO NOT HAVE TO SPEAK THROUGH AN INTERPRETER to negotiate with customer services.... 

THAT is where the discrimination is....  Disabled customers are being treated differently to normal hearing customers... in the way they engage with customer services..

 

Your suggestion that the forum is an alternative... is not really the same, as a "one to one" service. (as in LIVE CHAT...or a Telepone conversation) .

You would not want your personal experience of how younegotiate a new contract to be shown on open forum. along with the "ad hoc" responses you could get from other users of the forum posting in your thread.

you would want it to be a "personal" matter between you and the customer service department. 

Negotiating a new contract on a public forum ? ?    really  ? ?  

 

 

Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@jab1 wrote:


No - because as soon as you get more than one player in the field, you will be back to 'introductory offers' in an attempt to increase market share.


The oozlum bird scenario 🙄

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 10,180
Thanks: 1,935
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Good Deal or no Deal

@maranello 

You say the option is live chat.......

So PN advise me my contract is due to expire......listing the options and cost open to me.....

So then what I go on the forum and ask for a better deal ?

They are hardly going to offer me a better deal via this forum for obvious reasons, or perhaps I have misunderstood something in your last post....keeping in mind the telephone is not a option.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Posts: 10,180
Thanks: 1,935
Fixes: 12
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: Good Deal or no Deal

And where do the super users group come into this, never seen any feedback from them....

Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 1,365
Fixes: 32
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@arjay wrote:

@jab1 wrote:


No - because as soon as you get more than one player in the field, you will be back to 'introductory offers' in an attempt to increase market share.


The oozlum bird scenario 🙄


Don't quite follow ? - but in my defence, I'm also replying to a couple of other forums and getting a bit fed up of being ridiculed for posting verified fact.🤔

John
Highlighted
Hero
Posts: 3,936
Thanks: 1,365
Fixes: 32
Registered: ‎24-02-2012

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@gleneagles wrote:

@maranello 

You say the option is live chat.......

So PN advise me my contract is due to expire......listing the options and cost open to me.....

So then what I go on the forum and ask for a better deal ?

They are hardly going to offer me a better deal via this forum for obvious reasons, or perhaps I have misunderstood something in your last post....keeping in mind the telephone is not a option.


But it will enable them to open a ticket on your account, which is totally private.

John
Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@gleneagles wrote:

They are hardly going to offer me a better deal via this forum for obvious reasons, or perhaps I have misunderstood something in your last post....keeping in mind the telephone is not a option.


From past experience and it seems from others that it all depende on the person you’re negotiating with and what sort of day they’ve had

A bit like a fruit cake when the currants have been thrown in from the other side of the room, do you get a bit with fruit in or not. Hardly an acceptable or fair system.

I think in a previous posting it was said they received such a low offer after negotiating, that if it was any lower they would have to pay him, that about sums it up

Highlighted
Rising Star
Posts: 86
Thanks: 44
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎14-12-2016

Re: Good Deal or no Deal


@jab1 wrote:

🙄

Don't quite follow ? - but in my defence, I'm also replying to a couple of other forums and getting a bit fed up of being ridiculed for posting verified fact.🤔


Sorry jab1, I was in no way trying to ridicule you, thats not my way. I apologise if I have inadvertantly given offence